cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Configuring Call Forwarding to a cell phone

pendal8286
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this difficult time.  

I work for a school district and we have clerks in a building that want calls forwarded from their IP Phones (7975s) to their cell phones.  

I think one would configure this setting in Cisco CUCM in the Call Forward and Pickup Settings section.  I was thinking we would configure the Forward No Answer External.  (I want to control this setting from CUCM - not the phone because our users are difficult.)

I was hoping someone could tell me what settings need to be in place for this process to be successful.  Your help and input is greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

JonetJose15151
Level 1
Level 1
Configure 'call forward all' to the cell phone number with correct 'call forward all CSS'. Make sure that the PSTN access prefix is added to the cell number if required.

When I try this method I get a busy signal right out of the jump.  I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct CSS so I'm not sure what configuration parameter I'm missing.

When you try what, the Call Forward All, or Mobility?

If it's Call Forward All a quick check would be to do it from the phone, it won't let you enter a destination that's not found in the CSS.   If that works but the forwarded call fails, it may be failing at the gateway because something doesn't like the way called or calling numbers are presented.

If you have the possibility to configure Unified Mobility to use Single Number Reach (SNR) it would be a better and more flexible solution for you instead of call forwarding.

For details see this document, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/hucs/7-1a/provision/provision7-1a/CH13_HUCS.pdf

Response Signature

Roger,

What is required for SNR?  Can that be configured via CUCM.  Thank you.

Sorry, like an idiot I didn't notice the link.  Thanks.