Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi Need help for Ip phone connectivity

Kshitij Purwar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have two phone 7975 and 9971 and i want to connect both the phone together.

one phone is connected to poe 3750 switch on N/w port and other phone 9971 is connected to pc port on 7975 and on n/w port it self,bt it did not get IP.

while when i connect my laptop,it gets IP.

can anybody help me here,is it possible or not.

Thanks

kshitij

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Daisy channing phones is not supported, though it might work.

What are you trying to do with the phones? They are bricks without a call agent such as CUCM or CME.

Chris

Hi Chris,

i have CUCM installed in my lab,but due to shortage of n/w port,i want to configure two phone togther.

one phone is working perfectly,but when i connect other phone with power adopter it does not work.

Plz help me here.

Thanks

kshitij

So, if you unplug the phone that is working from the switch and plug in the other one does it work?

Which phone is not working and what message are you getting in the status messages on the phone?

Are both defined in CUCM?

Have you tried factory reset on the one that is not working?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Both the phone are working are working if i connect it individually to switch port.

i connect 7975 to sw port and 9971 woth 7975 and 9971 does not work,but when i connect 9971 to sw port,it works.

i just want to know is it possible or not,but when i connect my laptop with 7975 or 9971 it gets IP,but when any connect phone-phone second phone does not get IP.

Plesae help me here.

Thanks

kshitij

How have you configured your switch port? You need to set both data and voice vlan to the same vlan for the daisy chained phone to work. If that's already the case, have you tried to connect the phones in the opposite order?

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

thanks for reply.

No i have only one default vlan on my switch and i have only one network configred on the switch,do i need one more network for voice vlan.

can you please let me know the commands for switch.

Regards

kshitij

For this you only need to have one vlan setup in the switch. But on the switch port you need to configure both a access vlan (=data vlan) and a voice vlan. Set both of these to the same vlan. Exactly how the command syntax for this looks like I'll leave for you to search for. So that you'll learn something from the experience, I mean you work for Cisco right, anyway it would appear so from your user icon :)

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature