Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hide originator ONLY for redirected calls coming from PSTN

Dear all,

we have CUCM10.5 with CUBE and we setup the Calling party selection on the trunk to show the originator.

So, for example,

- user with extension 1234 and external mask +31444xxxx forwards all the calls to mobile number 06-666-9999

- internal user with extension 1778 and external mask +314444xxxx calls 1234

- on "redirected" device one sees calling ID +31-444-1778 (correct: originator with external mask)

BUT

- when a PSTN user (say +31-777-8899) calls +31-444-1234 that is redirected on the mobile, on the mobile device you see +31-4444-8899. Basically in the call routing path the external call mask is applied ALSO to the originator calling id for a call coming from PSTN

is there a way to show the originator only for internal calls, and hide the calling ID when the originator "comes" from PSTN?

Thanks for your help!

6 Replies 6

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try using translation rules in CUBE and configure in a way that it won't change the calling number if matches with enterprise DDI range and otherwise change it to a fixed DDI number (or blank if possible) for all other callers.

- Vivek

Dear Vivek,

thanks for your answer, but we perform all the number translations in the CUCM. In our design CUBE should not contain any translation rule.

stefano

I don't see any straight way to achieve the same using CUCM dial plan.

- Vivek

I see. I suspect that can be done by using Calling ID Transformation Pattern and the proper Redirecting Party Transformation CSS, but up to now i manage to translate only the original Calling ID but not the "redirected calling id"

1. I also thought of using calling party transformation pattern at gateway level, but the issue is it will overwrite all translations done before (at route pattern or route group level). If your existing translation allows you to use calling party transformation at gateway level, I think you can figure out the solution. You can configure the external patterns there and change it to fixed number you want.

If you are applying digit manipulation already at route pattern or route group level and it is not possible to apply the same at gateway level, we can have new call forward CSS (with new route pattern and route list) and in that case, use only gateway level calling party translation to change the external caller CLI to any fixed DDI number which you want to publish.

2. Do you really need to use redirect id? Are you including the same during outbound call to CUBE? Is CUBE handling redirecting id in your scenario?

- Vivek

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Stefao,

Where are you applying the external mask? Are you doing this at the route list/route group level?

If you have only applied the mask at the DN, then the PSTN phone shouldn't inherit it..

Please rate all useful posts