Views
Helpful
Replies

hot to enable mail notification if ip phone and DX70 unregistered

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

i think there is an option to enable mail notification for sudden ip phone and DX70 goes unregister to take action.

i mean i need to get mail of CEO`s ip phone was unregistered or his DX70 too.

any guide for this? 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The way you expect is possible if they are part of  control hub. Using RTMT you should be able to send alerts for phone unregistered events. But not as you expect for one  or just  for few phones.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

TMS is a dead end; it’s being sunset.

Look at Webex Edge for Devices. Note that you will need Cloud Device Registration licenses for this; they are included in enterprise agreements but have a cost for named user subscriptions.

The only other idea I have is to use your network monitoring solution to monitor the endpoint with ICMP, SNMP or syslog - although SNMP is only available on video devices, not IP Phones. You could also look at monitoring solutions focused on telephony; IR Prognosis is one possibility (not a recommendation or endorsement).

9 Replies 9

Never heard of such thing in CM. For video devices you can if you use Webex Edge for devices setup notifications in Control Hub.

Response Signature

thanks roger for our reply,

no, there is already an option like this

If you already know that there is an option for this why do you ask?

Response Signature

good question roger

it is simple, it not working for me, beside i check if there is any other solution to proceed

The way you expect is possible if they are part of  control hub. Using RTMT you should be able to send alerts for phone unregistered events. But not as you expect for one  or just  for few phones.

Response Signature

thanks nithin for your reply,

that is right, i need more info about control hub, or how to use RTMT

i found below topic

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/notification-whenever-a-phone-goes-unregistered/td-p/1612419

but as i think i must open RTMT and generate unregistered IP phones to check, but i want immediate notification mail when they are down, about DC70 i found article about using cisco TMS hat monitor DX70 device and sent a notification mail, i will check and feedback you

thanks again 

TMS is a dead end; it’s being sunset.

Look at Webex Edge for Devices. Note that you will need Cloud Device Registration licenses for this; they are included in enterprise agreements but have a cost for named user subscriptions.

hi Jonathan,

thanks for your reply,

unfortunately, we can`t use any services related to cloud in my environment

do you have any other ideas? 

The only other idea I have is to use your network monitoring solution to monitor the endpoint with ICMP, SNMP or syslog - although SNMP is only available on video devices, not IP Phones. You could also look at monitoring solutions focused on telephony; IR Prognosis is one possibility (not a recommendation or endorsement).