cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I remove an old subscriber from the new CTLs?

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I'm running a mixed-mode 11.0.x cluster consisting of a Publisher (P1) and Subscriber (S1). All nodes run TFTP and call manager service.

S1 had to be scrapped and replaced by a different Subscriber called S2. So I installed S2 and added it to the cluster, everything went well. I then removed S1 from the server list after making sure it isn't being referred to by any device. That leaves me with P1 and S2. I then rebooted the cluster.

When updating the tokenless CTL, all 3 servers are in the CTL file. Since S1 is no longer in the cluster (according to server list, system reports, replication state etc.) I don't see why it's in the CTL file at all. 

Having then made sure that S1 is also removed from the certificate store (it appeared as both Callmanager-trust and tomcat-trust) I tried to update the CTL again. No dice.

Any ideas how to make that CTL record disappear?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will probably need to open a TAC case for assistance on this. The certificate either still exists in Informix DB or on the file system of the publisher. Dropping records requires TAC assistance to be supported and cleaning up the file system would require bash access (ie the remote support account).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It’s impossible to fully remove a cluster node from every dark corner of the database and platform-level config. If a cluster node fails for some reason the DRS guide should be used to reinstall and restore it from backup.

In the case of CTL: what role is the certificate from S1 providing (eg SAST, CCM+TFTP, etc.)?

Does the “utils ctl update CTLFile” command clear it out?

Hi,

S1's record is that of CCM and TFTP. Updating the ctl file doesn't remove
it.

You will probably need to open a TAC case for assistance on this. The certificate either still exists in Informix DB or on the file system of the publisher. Dropping records requires TAC assistance to be supported and cleaning up the file system would require bash access (ie the remote support account).