cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do we kill music on hold and "wait while I transfer your call" from a call handler?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have a call handler that continues to play music on hold and the "wait while I transfer your call" even though I have unchecked that option in the transfer options we are still getting the greeting.

Any ideas where else to check to see why this is still playing the music and the "wait while I transfer your call" ?

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Vicky

4 Replies 4

R M
Level 1
Level 1

Is this on CUC? You should be able to remove the MoH source from the DN in CUCM and from the device (CTI Route Point?) it's associated it.

If you disabled the "Play the "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" Prompt" in the transfer settings, is it possible you may have another step along the way that's got that option ticked? You'd have to follow each path that branches off from the call handler.

Hello R M, I think I see where the issue is.  The Device pool that the CTI Route point is subscribed to is tied out to a Music on Hold server.  Am I correct in assuming that any devices attached to that device pool are going to have music on hold no matter what?

Please let me know your thoughts.

The Device Pool should have a Media Resource Group List which would include Music on Hold options, but it wouldn't cause the MoH to play. That setting would be located on the CTI Route Point or the actual Line - look for Network Hold MOH Audio Source and User Hold MOH Audio Source.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try to perform the workaround as mentioned in below defect:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy17961

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: