cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do we show RTP stats in SDL logs in RTMT for CUCM?

John Smith1
Level 1
Level 1

I want be able to see the RTP stats in the SDL trace logs in RTMT for CUCM. I see that you can grab things like RTP-RXStat and RTP-TxStat from the 200 0K from the Bye message of a session. Here's an example:

Screenshot 2023-03-04 110353.png

When I pull logs from CUCM, , I'm not seeing those RTP statistics in 200 OK messages. Am I missing something in CUCM Serviceability page to see those logs? Here are my trace settings:

Screenshot 2023-03-04 111351.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM isn’t normally in the media path; it only has this info if the endpoints/gateways/trunks involved in the call transmit the P-RTP-Stat header in the BYE request or 200 OK response. For a long time the limitation was on the trunk side: only MGCP-controlled interfaces would give that info to CUCM. I believe it was added for CUBE / SIP in the IOS-XE 3.3S timeline; it’s on by default.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can see the RTP status of a call from the phone it self. Go to settings, Status and call status it show you the number of Packets you send and received.

The screenshot you mentioned is from CUCM or its from another system ? Did you verified Bye message from SDL   ?

Response Signature

Screenshot was from a community post in 2017: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/how-to-troubleshoot-one-way-no-audio-issues/ta-p/3164442

I looked through SDL traces from my CUCM, and not seeing stats such as RTP-Rxstat: , numberPacketsSent, and etc. I could gather RTP information from the phone itself, but I'm curious how this member was ableto gather this data from the 200 OK for the BYE message in the SDL traces.  

CUCM isn’t normally in the media path; it only has this info if the endpoints/gateways/trunks involved in the call transmit the P-RTP-Stat header in the BYE request or 200 OK response. For a long time the limitation was on the trunk side: only MGCP-controlled interfaces would give that info to CUCM. I believe it was added for CUBE / SIP in the IOS-XE 3.3S timeline; it’s on by default.