cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how is the behaviour of the call pickup group ?

pavelherc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I would like to Ask a question. 

I have users in the Call pickup group (visual signaling, timer set to 15 seconds) . 

If the user A is in Call and another call comes in, the users stated that then immediatelly rings the call on another phone. 

Is this a proper behavior of the Call pickup group or it is a bug ?

(I can imagine that when the Line is in the call and the Busy trigger is set to 2/1 that then the Call pickup group ignores the timing and rings on the other devices without waiting for the timer ?

CUCM version is 11.5.1.14900 .

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As @b.winter I suspect that the call is made to the hunt pilot number and not to the individual directory number(s) of a member of the pickup group. With that you would get the behaviour you outlined in your original post.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Normally, the timer specifies the delay, before the pickup notification is displayed to all others.
"Enter the seconds of delay (integer in the range of 1 to 300) between the time that the call first comes into the original called party and the time that the notification to the rest of the call pickup group is to occur."

But if you say "it rings instantly", that sounds to me, that maybe the call is forwarded to a huntgroup with a line group using "broadcast". Have you checked that possibility?

Hi, 
I have checked som users from the pickup group, and it is setup like this . 

there is a hunpilot DN with that Pickup group in it. The users from that pickup group are also in the Linegroup for that Huntpilot.

the distribution algorythm is set to circular, and none of those users I have seen had the call forward to some number set. 

so for me it looks a bit strange what the users are saying (rule 1 never trust the user ) .  

But then maybe, the callers call the hunt pilot and not directly the user.
Have you verified such a call with RTMT? e.g. what's the original called number?

Hello, 

According to user the calls are going directly to DN not to Huntpilot number. 

I will check with customer what it looks like in the CDrs.

and if time I will download some CUCM traces. 

I think that there might be some kind of confusion or mixup of what features does what here. AFAIK a pickup group does not distribute calls to multiple directory numbers, that would be a hunt pilot with hunt list and line group. A pickup group would notify the members of the group about a call coming into another member of the group so that the other members can answer the call by using the pickup function.

Response Signature

Hello Roger, 

I have also have this knowledge that pg only blinks or rings the phones if there is some call unanswered on some member phone. therefore I am wondering how can it rings. Hunt group / pilot is  configured like it should, also the pickup group is ok according to what I have seen till now. 

I am planning a webex with customer to check the logs and once again the settings of all members. 
I will update it here once I have some news. 

As @b.winter I suspect that the call is made to the hunt pilot number and not to the individual directory number(s) of a member of the pickup group. With that you would get the behaviour you outlined in your original post.

Response Signature

Hello guys, 

the problem was the user, and its way of using the phone (he used it a bit different as he described in the case description). thank you for the tips. 

Conclusion is : never trust the user