Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert an internal number into another

Hi!!

I have a customer that want the users to dial 112 and this must be converted into na internal extension 888 and not goint to the outside.

Using translation I dont have the option, or I dont know, to remove de three digits 112 and replace them with 888.

I know if I create a dummy extension and forward all to 888 Works but is there any clean way to do this rather then using the dummy extension?

Best Regards,

19 Replies 19

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you using CME or CUCM

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Cucm

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using TP is the best way to get this. Simply create TP of 112 and apply mask as 888. Just ensure TP CSS can see the 888 partition.

-Vivek

Hi all!! Thanks for your answers.

I tried TP but didnt work. Im working with cucm 11 and I found that when I put a partition on TP for incoming calls I get unlocated number. Im assigning the internal partition an internal css to the TP and on the gateway and all css have the internal associated. Maybe the conversion from 112to 888 didnt worked because of that. I will assign, again, a TP with none partition, thats the only way I have incoming calls, and try again.

Never add this issue on other releases

Best Regards

Hi dear, why will you apply it on gateway?

Is 112 being dialed by internal user? I mean are you trying to translate 112 during incoming or outgoing call?

- Vivek

Hi!!!

I'm translating this internally. Is«f a userdial 112 it should ring on the contro security center of the customer 888. So everything is internal. I refered the partitions and css before because of the strange beahivior I saw; nothing more. I will try on monday do it again and understand what's happening.

Best Regards,

As JaVa said, there should be some issue with configuration only and if everything is internal, you don't need to apply translation at gateway level.

Please let us know about your findings and if you have any questions later on.

- Vivek

Hi!!!

Good morning. I made with success the tranalation pattern from 112 to 888.

One thing I cant understand is why, regarding the translation that came from outside, if I apply the internal partition I cant receive external calls. If I put none on the partition, everything is working just fine. My route partition and css are configured correctly. Just dont understand It should work unless something wrong on the mgcp gateway configuration :(

Best Regards,

Hi Jose,

From the beginning, I think there is some gap in understanding your call flow. As you told before that 112 is always dialed by internal user and 888 is also internal DN, hence you should not need to worry about inbound CSS on gateway. Moreover, if 112 and 888 will never go out of your cluster, you don't need route pattern as well for 112.

You simple need TP as 112 and keep it in a partition where all phones CSS (/line CSS) can see this TP partition. Further, you apply mask as 888 and TP CSS should be able to see the partition of 888 DN. That's it.

- Vivek

You right!!!

I had two issues; ine was solved the 112 translation. The other one is the DID that when I assign the internal partition - I normal configure like that - the calls does not come in.

I tested my css and all are working. Even the 112 translation with the internal partition is workin; only the calls that came from outsider and use a translation with internal partition are blocked. It only Works with none partition.

Hope I'm clear now :)

Yes, got it now. During incoming calls, you simply need to be more careful in matching the DNIS with TP and correct partition/CSS.

- Vivek

Hi Jose,

How MGCP gateway delivering the calls to the call manager, is it 3 digits ( Example :112 ) ?

Also please let me know the CSS of the gateway. is it same as the of the phones?

You can see on attach the gateway config. As you can see I accept all digits. I add the internal_css to the gateway that has the internal partition associated.

Best Regards,

You can see on attach the gateway config. As you can see I accept all digits. I add the internal_css to the gateway that has the internal partition associated.

Best Regards,