cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know the router2811 has PVDM?

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I want to set up VoIP lab. so I need the router that has PVDM inside. How do I know the router has PVDM? Or what router name means it already has the PVDM? Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Those are just PVDM slots. it doesnt mean there is actually a PVDM in the router. If this is a used item, you need to get a confirmation fromy our buyer that it has PVDM in it. If its new, then you need to ensure in your ordering that you inlcude a bundle that has PVDM in it

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

(+5) for Ayodeji. you go the word.

Having said by Ayodeji, You just to need to ensure before ordering the router(2811) has bundle or just simple chasis. You can also ask for the detials it just a matter of what you want along with with plain box or complete bundle .

Br,
nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can verify whether router has PVDM or not.

# show inventory

# show diag

here is example from my lab and this is how it looks like.

# show inventory

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 128 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 5", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 128 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-128         , VID: V01 , SN: FOC1739212X

Regards

Nadeem Ahmed

PS: Please rate all useful post

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know it through the router's name before I buy the router

Can I know if the router has PVDM through the router's name? 

you can't. you need to inform them for ask for it you need 28xx along with PVDM what density of pvdm that's needed. just asking 28XX router it blank router no module in it.

please refer to this datasheet.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016e845.html

Br,

Nadeem

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Attached please see the picture. It shows "PVDM". Do you think the router should have PVDM based on the picture? Thanks

Those are just PVDM slots. it doesnt mean there is actually a PVDM in the router. If this is a used item, you need to get a confirmation fromy our buyer that it has PVDM in it. If its new, then you need to ensure in your ordering that you inlcude a bundle that has PVDM in it

Please rate all useful posts

(+5) for Ayodeji. you go the word.

Having said by Ayodeji, You just to need to ensure before ordering the router(2811) has bundle or just simple chasis. You can also ask for the detials it just a matter of what you want along with with plain box or complete bundle .

Br,
nadeem