cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make Direct call (plar connection and normal calls)

nethack009
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with sip phones, 

Scenario: If i hook the phone and not dialing any numbers for few seconds(15second) call should go to one number if i am dialing any number it should work as normal, I am not sure is cisco call manger has a feature like this but my manager says it has in cucm 10.5 and later. I know abut PLAR initially i thought it same like PLAR  but it is not PLAR can some one help me 

6 Replies 6

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

See below for SIP phone PLAR configuration.

http://benmorgan.com.au/blog/cucm-auto-dial-from-sip-phone-plar/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101/private_line___automatic_ringdown.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

I done Plar its working, But what i required is if i hook the phone and not dialing any numbers for few seconds the call should go to a designated number. If started dialing any external or internal number imidiatly after hooking it should work as normal. 

Do we have any option like this cuCM 10.5 or higher

In PLAR we can't make any other calls.

Hi,

Its is not possible with existing SIP architecture, it will work with SCCP as you have already tested it. Best would be to involve accounts team and file an enhancement regarding SIP Phone.

JB

Ok Thanks for the update. 

Kindly let me know how we can make this in SCCP set up. This is a new thing for me so like to know more about this setup.

Hi,

From CUCM 11

The phone user cannot dial any other number from the phone line that gets configured for PLAR.

one workaround that can be done is to configure 2 lines on the phone.

First line can be configured for PLAR so whenever the user goes offhook the call immediately goes to the number defined.

However when the user explicitly select second line on the phone he gets dial tone to dial.

I tested this with CIPC SIP and it works.

Important the CSS should be on the line level.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I tested this with SIP CIPC and I dont think its possible.

You can either go for PLAR or for normal calls.

You cannot have PLAR and normal dialing together.

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan