cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to migrate settings from 4.3 to 8.6

Michael Ricci
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have CUCM 4.3, and I got in new servers that I've installed ESXi and the VM's on. I am not upgrading the old CUCM in the strictest meaning of the word, but rather changing the option 150 on all the servers and routers to point to the new CUCM. Before I can do this though I must migrate all of the settings (ICT's, RP's, DP's, CSS's, Regions, partitions, and most importantly, phones.) to the new CUCM. Unity is not involved in the cutover.

I am having trouble with BAT. On the old CUCM, I "generated phone reports" and copied these reports over to the BAT excel sheet for the new CUCM, uploaded it, went to "insert phones" on the new CUCM, and submitted the configuration, but these phones wouldn't upload. How can I get these phones to upload, and better yet, is there anyway I can upload all of the parameters I mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out.

-Mike

2 Replies 2

Randall Poteat
Level 1
Level 1

The best way I've found to do this manual conversion is to configure all (ICT's, RP's, DP's, CSS's, Regions, partitions, and most importantly, phones.) Once that is completed, manually add 1 existing phone, export all details of the phone via BAT. Next, copy and paste all phone info from 4.3 into the newly formatted CSV from latest version.

There are more options in the new versions for phone so the fields in 4.3 are not supported for import into 8.x

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Randall Poteat
Level 1
Level 1

You'll have to do this process for each type of phone you have.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App