Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor or pickup multiple phones with shared extension

hutto.txed.net
Level 1
Level 1
I need to configure a 7960 phone with expansion module to be able to
pickup or monitor several other phones with the same extension.  The other phones are 7940
with a personal extension and a extension 2105 that is shared.  The manager wants to be
able to pick up the shared extension if needed or monitor the call.  How would I do this?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should not involve CTI RP here, you cannot share CTI RP DN with phone. You have 2 options here:

1. create hunt group and assign 2105 as the pilot where the line groups including the DNs is using Broadcast algorithm

2. delete 2105 from the CTI RP and assign as shared line on all the phones on available button

HTH, plese rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this with CUCM or CME?

If CUCM simply add the shared line appearance to all phones you want it on.

If CME there are many different ways, i.e. overlay, shared ephone-dn on multiple ephones, etc.

HTH,

Chris

I am running CUCM 7.1.5 When I try to add the same extension 2105, which is the shared number, to the expansion module it says "Update failed. Could not add new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column."  Maybe I am doing this wrong and there is a better way.  There are 5 phones, with a personal number and the shared extension, the manager wants to be able to monitor or pickup each indivual phone shared extension.

Sounds like you are adding DN to the side car that already exists on the phone, that is not possible nor would it serve any purpose. You should be able to add as many unique DNs on the phone and side car as you have buttons.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe you can help me confgure this.  What is I make 2105 a CTI route point, can i have it ring all 5 phones simultanously?  Example:  someone calls 2105, can I have it ring 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105 at the same time.

You should not involve CTI RP here, you cannot share CTI RP DN with phone. You have 2 options here:

1. create hunt group and assign 2105 as the pilot where the line groups including the DNs is using Broadcast algorithm

2. delete 2105 from the CTI RP and assign as shared line on all the phones on available button

HTH, plese rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you for your help, I will go with option #1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: