cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to register EX-60 with CUCM 8.6 with a DN being non-numeric?

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have question, I have an EX-60 registered to a CUCM 8.6 with a DN being 30XX.

However, I want to change the URI from 30XX@mydomain.com to NAME@mydomain.com

Is there a way to do that?

I would appriciate any help!

Sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

CallManager currently does not support SIP URI end points or dialing. It only supports numbers. So you can't register the device as dante@example.com.

You can use various tricks (as you've discovered) to sometimes mask the underlying number, but the number is still there and can't be removed.

If you absolutely must have dante@exmple.com, then you need to have a separate SIP URI compliant call control platform (e.g. the VCS-C system that Cisco aquired when they bought Tandberg)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

try to make a user with " NAME " keyword

and to dial this one, you will navigate to the IP Phone directory. Find this user. Press Dial, then the call will go as configured through your SIP trunk as I guess

Regards

Haitham

Hi Haitham,

I can dial from the EX 60 to other SIP phones using the names of the users of those phones.

However, what I'm trying to do is registering the EX60 but using a name@domain URI instead of just the regular number@domain URI.

for example, the EX60 can be registered with the Line number 3000 so when you configure the network youll put in the URI 3000@example.com

but that same EX60 belongs to a user named lets say me, Dante, so what I want to do is register the EX60 as... dante@example.com

you know what I'm trying to say?

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

CallManager currently does not support SIP URI end points or dialing. It only supports numbers. So you can't register the device as dante@example.com.

You can use various tricks (as you've discovered) to sometimes mask the underlying number, but the number is still there and can't be removed.

If you absolutely must have dante@exmple.com, then you need to have a separate SIP URI compliant call control platform (e.g. the VCS-C system that Cisco aquired when they bought Tandberg)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Gordon,

Thank you for your repply.

Tho, if I have a VCS and I register the EX60 to it, how can I do that? I've only registered E20s on a VCS but again with a numerical line. How would I be able to register the EX60 with a name? That would be done in the Transforms options right?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely

Dante V.

Put the desired sip uri name with the right sip domain name as configured in vcs in the form of name@sipdomain

Enable sip and make sure security settings are correct if required such as TLS, username password ..etc

See the below link might help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X6.pdf

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Thanks! I'll have a look at it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: