cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Remote Control Phones w Coding Scripting

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

I have a decent amount of experience in coding and scripting.  What are the ways I can manipulate Cisco IP Phones remotely?  I'd like to do the following things (for example):

• change Alternate TFTP of a large number of phone (some are remote MRA)
  • control phones, such at dialing test numbers
  • view the phones' screens

Once I get into it I'm sure there will be other valuable things I discover that are possible, like possibly keeping an eye on the Console Logs or watching the MOS score during calls, etc. 

I see SingleWire, PhoneView, and UpLinx, and it appears they are doing pretty much what I'd like to do, but I'd prefer to write my own so I have complete flexibility. 

What are these apps using to get to the phones?  Are they using the same protocol?  Is it AXL? 

Where can I get started on this?  Is there a developer kit?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All the info on API/SDK/etc is in DevNet, that's where you want to start.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That link doesn't work:

403 - Forbidden Page or Application

The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis.

but I found DevNet here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/home/index.gsp , except it looks like a huge site.  Does your .../go/pdi  link have an more-specific info?  Thanks Jamie.  It's a start. 

Does anyone have any more-specific info to give me some quick traction on connecting to and controlling phones? 

That link is in my signature, I never mentioned you'd find any info on what you're looking for in it. You're getting that message because it's a partner level site, if your CCO is not tied to a partner, you cannot access it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay, yes, I see. 

My office login should work then. 

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: