cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to show calling ID while using single number reach

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys, i am running cucm 8.5 and using the single number reach.when the SNR is used internally it works well.but when a call is placed from the PSTN or cellular provider number, i cannot see the actuall calling number on the cell phone that has been called and is part of a remote destination device profile.Is there a way to display this? i checked with my phone provider and callers ID's can be sent over the PSTN line, so this is not the issue.

thanks in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a common problem and is usually the telco carrier's fault. CUCM will send the original caller's caller ID on the remote destination call leg. In many cases the carrier restricts the caller ID values you're allowed to send to only the DIDs that terminate on that circuit or trunk group. Sometimes the carrier will give you a way around this restriction if you set the Redirecting DNIS value. CUCM also does this automatically if you have RDNIS enabled (aka Diversion header in SIP).

Run a debug on your gatway and see what the SETUP message for the remote destination call leg looks like. It should show the original caller ID. If it does and your cell phone doesn't display that your carrier has overridden what you sent.

View solution in original post

Nick Lichatz
Level 1
Level 1

Im not sure by reading your post if you are having incoming or outgoing CLID issues. Incoming CLID issues could be a translation pattern on your CUBE or your incoming trunk configuration. Outgoing issues can be a few things one could be that your provider is rewriting the CLID or you are restricting "Calling Name Presentation" on your outgoing calls config for your SIP trunk.

Hi

As others have suggesed, you need to work with your service provider on this one. You say you have already verified the 'correct' CLI is going out, so if you are not seeing it on the target mobile phone then it's getting wiped somewhere.

Your SP may not be 'restricting' it, but will likely be validating it in some way. They may require a specific plan/type element, or a specific number format (including/omitting a national dial digit or something for example). See if you can get them to specific exactly what you need to send.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a common problem and is usually the telco carrier's fault. CUCM will send the original caller's caller ID on the remote destination call leg. In many cases the carrier restricts the caller ID values you're allowed to send to only the DIDs that terminate on that circuit or trunk group. Sometimes the carrier will give you a way around this restriction if you set the Redirecting DNIS value. CUCM also does this automatically if you have RDNIS enabled (aka Diversion header in SIP).

Run a debug on your gatway and see what the SETUP message for the remote destination call leg looks like. It should show the original caller ID. If it does and your cell phone doesn't display that your carrier has overridden what you sent.

hello Jonathan, well, i checked with the provider who assured me that the caller details are not overriden. a debug on the GW show me the right call ID and remote device info for the called cell phone. any other ideas. i guess i need to find a setting for this on the cucm. thanks anyway

Nick Lichatz
Level 1
Level 1

Im not sure by reading your post if you are having incoming or outgoing CLID issues. Incoming CLID issues could be a translation pattern on your CUBE or your incoming trunk configuration. Outgoing issues can be a few things one could be that your provider is rewriting the CLID or you are restricting "Calling Name Presentation" on your outgoing calls config for your SIP trunk.

Hi Nick, the issue is with outgoing calls. according to the provider, there is no restriction.

Hi

As others have suggesed, you need to work with your service provider on this one. You say you have already verified the 'correct' CLI is going out, so if you are not seeing it on the target mobile phone then it's getting wiped somewhere.

Your SP may not be 'restricting' it, but will likely be validating it in some way. They may require a specific plan/type element, or a specific number format (including/omitting a national dial digit or something for example). See if you can get them to specific exactly what you need to send.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

russell.turner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
I am interest in how you resolved internal caller I'd for single number reach. I don't have an issue with External caller to SNR
Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello,

It was more a ISP provider issue. the ISP was not displaying the Caller ID on outgoing calls.

You should request them to have it displayed for outgoing calls. not always an easy task.