Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade the telephony-service ver from 12.0 to Ver 12.5

Daniel5020
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Hi, how are you today?

I need to update the telephony-service version from 12.0 to Version 12.5 in order to the expansion key module on cisco phone 8865 works on my router 2951.

I read many websites and the most "easy" solution is update the iOS version, how ever I already did it and the phone still not working:

DESMS-ROUTER#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.7(3)M8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

DESMS-ROUTER#sh telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=12.0)
=====================
Version 12.0

I already have the file from the website: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/277641082/type/282897001/release/12.5

File:

Locale files for CME 12.5 > cme-full-locale-12.5.tar

But now how I can procedure, because if i open this tar shows any file for deterrents languages.I already select English US but im not sure whats is the next step.

Thx for you support.

11 Replies 11

The only way to upgrade CME is to upgrade IOS. If you’re already on the latest version of IOS then you’re having the latest version of CME there is for that platform. The file you’re referencing is to upgrade the webUI of CME, it won’t change the version of CME.

Response Signature

Hi Roger how are you today?

Thx for that information.

Let me share the command Sh version and sh telephony-services

DESMS-ROUTER#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.7(3)M8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

CONFIG (Version=12.0)
=====================
Version 12.0

In order to you check the results. According with that, I running the last version for router 2951.

Last case i was opened with cisco TAC they suggest me update the version of the CME to 12.5. Cisco engineer mention me I need this two file https://software.cisco.com/download/home/277641082/type/282897001/release/12.5

Already got that files. I would check the results and l keep you posted.

Thx

According to link I shared with you the latest version of CME that you can run on the model of router that you have is 12.0. I guess the TAC engineer didn’t know what he or she was talking about. Again the file that you reference contains updates to the webUI for CME and possibly it could as well contain updates to the firmware loads for phones, but it does not update CME to a newer version. As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote you already got that answer in your other post on basically the same topic.

Response Signature

Not an official Cisco site, but nevertheless it has clear and concise information about what version you can get on your platform.

https://www.ciscoland.net/cisco-software-products/CME-12-Disk.html

Response Signature

Roger,

Thx for this another message, all the support you can provide works or not will be really appreciated.

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, upgrade your Router IOS to latest and the upgrade your CME versions. As i mentioned in your another post, the link you shared is for CME GUI files and that has nothing with upgrading your CME versions.

Get the latest IOS version and upgrade your router IOS.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thx for this message, I read that information in previous comment you post me in the another "chat" and another website also share the same info, for CME, the best option is update the iOS.

However on my case I already did it and not works. Please feel free to check the command below:

DESMS-ROUTER#sh ver

CONFIG (Version=12.0)
=====================
Version 12.0

In order with the cisco TAC enginner, I need it update to version 12.5. That's why I need the files i requested in previous posted.

My idea with my message is do not disturb anyone, and just following the recommendation for the cisco engineer like of course they know more like me. And also continue learning about cisco process.

Regards

Asper the Guide, max you can go is CME 12.0. Even with the latest ios versions, 12.0 is the max you reach. The files TAC requested to Install are GUI and locale files .AFAIK it does not  upgrade your CME versions to 12.5. 

NithinEluvathingal_0-1681008243427.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.html

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thank you for reply me and provide me this info.

Now I gotcha.

Thx

Hello Daniel,

Did you managed to upgrade to work KEM ? May i know the procedure or steps if incase succeeded on the process!!

The OP is not asking anything in relation to KEM, as in Key Expansion Module. If that is what you're asking about you're question is off-topic to the OP and therefor it is recommended that you create your own post to ask your question. If your question is in relation to what the OP is asking about the process to follow is the same as for any upgrade of IOS. This is well documented by Cisco, so you should be able to find good reference document on this with minimal effort on your end.

Response Signature