Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP DHCP and Cisco Phones

Hello,

I have a very veird case that i might need some light on it.

I have a customer who has CUCM 9.1, cisco IP Phones 7942, 7975 and 6921 IP Phones, the whole infrastrucutre is HP.

The DHCP is configured on the HP core switch (if i am not mistaken it is 10500 series), the DHCP is working fine, all the ip phones are getting the configuration and IP Addresses, however, all of the 6900 ip phones are getting IP DHCP relaeased every once and while and the ip phone doesn't get new ip, all of the  7900 series phones has no problem at all.

Did anybody came accross something like this? does the 6900 has a compatibility issues with HP switches.

thanks

Amer

3 Replies 3

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was running CUCM 8.6 with 7945,7937,6941 and 3905 Ip Phones.IP was getting released by Windows DHCP server.

In the DHCP scope,lease period was set Infinite.So Whenever a IP Phone ask a Ip Address,Same Ip will be released.

In DHCP Server,I Have noticed that every Phone was having Infinite lease period,But 6941 was not getting inifinte lease period.Tried to upgrade 9.3.3 firmware,after that it was infinite but lost corperate Directory.

So, Rolled back to same old firmware.not able to find the reason for it.

Regards,

Guru

Hi Amer.

Can you please specify the firmware version of 6900 ip phones?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello Carlo,

It's 9.4(1).

Amer