cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Reporting login/logout

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 10.6.  Is it possible to produce a report of Hunt Group login/logout activity?  Either natively, or any third party tools?

Ideally a report, but if not, maybe logs?

18 Replies 18

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no native report for this in CUCM, and for logs, you would need to go thru the CUCM traces and parse them for the login/logout events.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, +5

Do you happen to know the structure of the log entries for login/logout events?  What keyword would I look for? And is it just the normal Call Manager trace files? 

Even though this is old, maybe this will be helpful to someone since I just ran into the same issue yesterday. I ended up turning on Troubleshooting Traces for Cisco Call Manager on the node the devices were registered to, collecting the files, and searching for occurances of "Set hlog sql UPDATE DeviceHLogDynamic" in the files. The result's not perfect, since the result doesn't show a readable name for the phone, but it does provide the primary key for the device which you can use to lookup the device.

Is there a way for this reporting on CUCM 11.5?

Is there any way to create Hunt Group phone that do not automatically log into the hunt when they first register?

There's a check box on the Device > Phone page for the phone. Just uncheck the box, because it's checked by default.

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure out a way to report the login/logout activity for huntgroup? We are using CUCM 11.5.

Hi together,

from my point of view the easiest way to get the information is to run an SQL statement from osadmin CLI like this:

select dev.name, devlog.hlog from device dev join devicehlogdynamic devlog on (dev.pkid = devlog.fkdevice) where dev.name like 'SEP%'

hlog will show t means logged on or f means logged off.

I'm still looking for a way to do this, that is feasible to see only the phones in a specific DN range, or maybe even by a specific device pool.  The run sql select command listed above returns a list of all phones in the cluster and their hunt group login status.  Do you have any further suggestions to trim the output down?  

Try this bad boy: 

admin:run sql select lg.name as LineGroup,n.dnorpattern,dhd.hlog from linegroup as lg inner join linegroupnumplanmap as lgmap on lgmap.fklinegroup=lg.pkid inner join numplan as n on lgmap.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join devicenumplanmap as dmap on dmap.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join device as d on dmap.fkdevice=d.pkid inner join devicehlogdynamic as dhd on dhd.fkdevice=d.pkid order by lg.name

You will get a spit out of the hunt groups, line number and that status> T or F

Thanks Adam. This does return the output you suggested, however we have a
lot of Hunt Groups, and I was attempting to trim it down to only see an
output of those agents logged into a specific Hunt Group, or from a
specific device pool, for example. I just wish it was something you could
see from a Related Links list when looking at a particular Line Group or
Hunt Pilot, or a similar type of GUI display within CUCM. Forturnately
it's not a critical need. :)

Adding one more bit of info.  

Pradorobin stated they were looking to refine the search instead of getting all the hunt groups configured in CUCM.  I took adam's query (THANKS ADAM) and with a slight modification it will list a specific group:

run sql select lg.name as LineGroup,n.dnorpattern,dhd.hlog from linegroup as lg inner join linegroupnumplanmap as lgmap on lgmap.fklinegroup=lg.pkid inner join numplan as n on lgmap.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join devicenumplanmap as dmap on dmap.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join device as d on dmap.fkdevice=d.pkid inner join devicehlogdynamic as dhd on dhd.fkdevice=d.pkid where lg.name = "<enter name here>"

Just pull the order by out and add in "where lg.name =" and put in name of your line group.  Worked for me.  I just wanted to see my helpdesk so I put "Helpdesk" in there and that's all that was listed.  

Legend! good job. 

Beautiful!!  Thanks jasunf.  That's exactly what I needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: