Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Groups for CUCM 8.6 with 7900 and 6900

Velin Tsekov
Level 1
Level 1

Gents,

I am not sure if this is the correct discussion, but I am going to shoot. I am using Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.6 with 7900 and 6900 series IP Phones. I have a couple of hunt groups and I wanna all of the members in these groups to have the opportunity to log in and log out from the groups. When I press HLog softkey at any 7900 IP Phone everything is OK. I mean I see the "Logged out from Hunt Group" display message. When I press any button, or make a call, or just lift and hang up the headset the message "Logged out..." appears again. And I know that I'm out of the group. But from my "favourites" 6900 Series IP Phones, when I press HLog I see the "Logged out from Hunt Group" messaage,   but when I make any operation with my phone - press any button, lift the headset and etc...after that the message

disappear and there is no way to catch - Am i  logged in or logged out.

Any ideas?

10 Replies 10

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Velin,

This is not the right subforum. Please create a new post here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony

Thanks,

-john

Hi Velin,

I branched off your discussion and moved it to the correct area.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Cindy, John, really sorry and thank you both of you

Hi,

Any ideas? I know that maybe the phone works in this way with its small display, but maybe there is a workaround? All i wanna is to know am i logged in or out from the group when i arrived at my workplace :)

Hi

On the 69xx you can assign Hlog as a line key (via the Phone Button Template). That way it lights up if it's logged out (or logged in, I can't recall which way it goes!)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hmm, good point. I will try it on Monday. But what if my first line is the line involved in the group and i assign Hlog on the second one?

Hi

You would configure the Phone Button Template to have button 1 = line, button 2 = Hlogout. The second line button isn't a line, it's now just a shortcut to the Hlog function that lights up; it doesn't affect the behaviour of the first line.

The thing to remember is that Hlog applies to the phone, not any particular line - so if you had 10 lines with 10 different hunt groups, and did a Hlog, it would log you out of all groups.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sonds good. Thank u! I will try it and keep u updated.

Hi Aaron, it works! Thank you for your help!

I  have one additional questions, concerning these phones. I'm using GN  Netcom (GN Netcom acquired Jabra) headsets for these phones.When the  headsets are connected into the headset port with RJ9, there is no  incomming voice or the call disconnect. When I discconect the phone handset and connect the GN Netcom headsets into the phone's handset port, everything is OK, but the voice quality is too bad. The far-end hears faintly.

Any tips here?

Hi

I've worked mainly with Plantronics, but imagine Jabra work similarly. Most headsets have 3 or 4 switches and nobs on them that modify the way they work for compatibility with different vendor phones, and they will typically provide guidance on configuring for common models.

I would check if there is such for that headset, and if there isn't for the 9900 then check for 79xx guidance and try those settings.

Is that headset listed as compatible with your phone?

Aaron