Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot not answering in CUCM 8.5

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

I have an interesting situation with a hunt pilot in CUCM version 8.5. I've configured a hunt pilot with number 20 and my dial plan for the directory numbers is 2xx. If a dial the hunt pilto, nothiung happens. So i changed to number 490 and it works as intended. But if i dial 20 and then press dial on the phone, the hunt pilot works. It seems like the CUCM keeps waiting for another digit input when dialing 20. What could be causing this behavior?

On another theme, when i try to Forward no answer External do I have to configure the external number with the digit 9 append in front? For example, 9787123456. Also users have FAC. Actually when I configured Forward No Answer Internal, the systems automatically add the same directory number to the others Forward No Answer Inrternal and External. Is that the correct behaviour? Please I need some guidance in the Forward No Answer Internal and External Features.

Thanks in advanced guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi nephtali,

Sorry, I missed the FAC reference

Check this out;

Calls  that are forwarded to a FAC- or CMC-enabled route pattern fail because  no user is present to enter the code. This limitation applies to call  forwarding that is configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager  Administration or the Cisco Unified CM User Options pages. You can  configure call forwarding, but all calls that are forwarded to a FAC- or  CMC-enabled route pattern results in reorder. When a user presses the  CFwdALL softkey and enters a number that has FAC or CMC enabled on the  route pattern, the user receives reorder, and call forwarding fails.

You cannot prevent the configuration of call forwarding to a FAC- or  CMC-enabled route pattern; forwarded calls that use these route patterns  drop because no code is entered. To minimize call-processing  interruptions, test the number before you configure call forwarding. To  do this, dial the intended forwarding number; if you are prompted for a  code, do not configure call forwarding for that number. Advise users of  this practice to reduce the number of complaints that result from  forwarded calls that do not reach the intended destination.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wp1046253

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/297363

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nephtali,

This is the expected behavior when you have a numberplan overlap like you have with 3-digit 2xx

and your new 2-digit 20 for the Hunt Pilot. The system has to wait to see if the user is going

to press more digits to reach one of the 20x numbers If you must keep the Hunt Pilot @ 20

users can dial 20# to reach it immediately;

Try to avoid this type of overlap as it will cause you nothing but grief!

The best way to fix this is to remove any overlapping patterns.  You can also look at this CCM Parameter (Interdigit Timeout) but be careful with this setting;

Here is the method to change the "interdigit timeout";

Complete these steps to modify the settings:

Select  Service > Service Parameters to go to Cisco CallManager System  Parameters from the Cisco CallManager 4.1(x) Administration page.

Select the name of your server and service from the Server and Service fields.

Select TimerT302_msec.

In  the Value field, type the timeout you want to configure (specify the  time in milliseconds). For example, if you want to configure 5 seconds  as the interdigit timeout, type 5000.

Caution:  Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise  the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling.

Click Update.

Restart Cisco CallManager to implement the changes.

From this excellent doc;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml#solution3

For the Call Forward number populating between FNA internal and external when entering them

via CUCM, this is just to save you some steps as they are generally the same number.

They can be changed individually by just going to the desired entry and overwriting with the

actual number.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob for your explanation! I will just avoid the overlapping of directory numbers and hunt pilots just for the sanity of the configuration as you mentioned.

In the case of FNA External, im setting an external number but it is not working. For the FNA Internal is working and I get forwarded to the internal extension.

Do I need to append a 9 in front of the external number? What should be causing this?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi nephtali,

Sorry, I missed the FAC reference

Check this out;

Calls  that are forwarded to a FAC- or CMC-enabled route pattern fail because  no user is present to enter the code. This limitation applies to call  forwarding that is configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager  Administration or the Cisco Unified CM User Options pages. You can  configure call forwarding, but all calls that are forwarded to a FAC- or  CMC-enabled route pattern results in reorder. When a user presses the  CFwdALL softkey and enters a number that has FAC or CMC enabled on the  route pattern, the user receives reorder, and call forwarding fails.

You cannot prevent the configuration of call forwarding to a FAC- or  CMC-enabled route pattern; forwarded calls that use these route patterns  drop because no code is entered. To minimize call-processing  interruptions, test the number before you configure call forwarding. To  do this, dial the intended forwarding number; if you are prompted for a  code, do not configure call forwarding for that number. Advise users of  this practice to reduce the number of complaints that result from  forwarded calls that do not reach the intended destination.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wp1046253

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/297363

Cheers!

Rob

In other words: with FAC and CAC configured, the FNAE and FBE do not work? Thanks again Rob!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: