Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot to Voicemail not working

gerardobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I have configured a new hunt pilot on our telephone system here.. CCUM 6.5

I have all calls ringing ok however i when the call is not answered i would like the call to be transfered to an extension's voicemail.

I have added the Forward Hunt No Answer in the Hunt Pilot settings but it keeps going to a message that says... "from a touch tone telephone, enter an extension.. bla bla bla"

See below the Hunt Pilot Settings

cityeast.png

Anyone come across this or have any ideas?

Thanks

40 Replies 40

Gengad
Level 1
Level 1

Will Phinny,

I had this problem last year, and it gave me a lot of problems, but however with the help of Jimm I managed to solve it. Am glad that this helped you. 

Well Done !

Gengads28

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

thanks for this document.

as i call from pstn it is not reaching to vm just ringing hunt pilot only..

how can i reach to vm from pstn call?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

as i dial from internal ip phone to 222 hunt pilot number it is working and reaching to vm..

but when dial from pstn it is not going to vm just ringing only..and it stop ringing line group extensions but not stop ringing.on calling party ip phone..

how can i configure so that reach from outside to vm over hunt pilot number..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

You should first check when calling from PSTN, call is hitting CUC or not. You can use port monitoring tool or RTMT to check this.

If call is hitting CUC, we need to check further in CUC.

If call is not hitting CUC and depends on type of integration viz SCCP or SIP, we can check further.

Thanks for your reply.yes it is not hitting cuc.

i am using sccp integration with cuc from cucm.

from pstn i am dialing 44885050 and it is hiting the hunt pilot 111 and then it should go to vm but not going.

when dialing from ip phone 111 it is ringing hunt list member and after 15 sec go to vm.

i think issue is with the outside caller number 44885050.

does anyone know how can we change to hunt pilot number as internal from ip phone it is working?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Please ensure that Trunk/Gateway CSS can see the hunt pilot (111) partition.

Hunt group should have correct voice mail port/DN configured in it. 

Would be better if you can put relevant screenshots of HP/HG/HL and voicemail port configuration. 

PS: In the screenshot, I can see 222 as hunt pilot whereas you wrote 111 as hunt pilot. Are you using two different hunt pilot for internal and external calls?

Thanks for your reply.

for partition and css side it is k.

i have three hunt pilot number and these three and bind with translation rule for each analog line as i shared one line number 44885050.

As i ring from patn it rings hunt group members and stop ring as mentioned time fot no answer and busy but after that still it is giving ringtone on pstn caller.

why after ring ip phones it is not going to vm as inyernally going smooth?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

How can we enable it?

Unless you configure Unity to use the last redirecting number to be used as the DN which determines which VM to reach the default behavior is to use the original called number.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

We should first try call to hit CUC, can manage other configuration part later on. For a time being, remove all phones from hunt group and keep only voice mail port/DN in respective huntgroup. Then check if call is now hitting CUC.

thanks for your response.. as see the port status monitor report:

10:17:18, New Call, CalledId=222,  RedirectingId=222,  Origin=16,  Reason=4,  CallGuid=4523124181A14B4AAA23A13F556E6531,  CallerName=Basement Living Room,  LastRedirectingId=222,  LastRedirectingReason=4,  PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Forward No Answer]
10:17:18, AttemptForward
10:17:18, State - AttemptForward.cde!Dummy
10:17:18, Event is [NULL]
10:17:18, PHGreeting
10:17:18, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting
10:17:18, Call answered if needed
10:17:18, Playing greeting for Subscriber:  44882522
10:17:27, Event is [HangupEvent]
10:17:27, State - PHGreeting.cde!DoHangup
10:17:27, Event is [HangupEvent]
10:17:27, Idle
10:22:08, New Call, CalledId=222,  RedirectingId=222,  Origin=16,  Reason=4,  CallGuid=72574435D4984EA3ABE5E30AE1F93387,  CallerName=,  LastRedirectingId=222,  LastRedirectingReason=4,  PortDisplayName=PhoneSystem-1-001,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Forward No Answer]
10:22:08, AttemptForward
10:22:08, State - AttemptForward.cde!Dummy
10:22:08, Event is [NULL]
10:22:08, PHGreeting
10:22:08, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting
10:22:08, Event is [HangupEvent]
10:22:08, State - PHGreeting.cde!DoHangup
10:22:08, Event is [HangupEvent]
10:22:08, Idle

in first report , i test from ip phone it reached vm and play greeting...in second report it reach vm but not play greeting..

what could be the issue?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Before checking further, did you verify codec settings are applied correctly? Please cross verify the region settings between gateway and voicemail port. See codecs as per region settings are being advertised in CUC too.

Which codec is being used in your case?

thanks for update..

where have to check codec?

in cuc?

in cucm i have g711ulaw-64kbps..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

On CUCM go to system then scroll down all the way to "Region", take a screen shot on every each tap then post it here please.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

?