Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't extract CDR that date for the last three months

amine..dahel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm working on CUCM 9, I'm trying to extract CDR of a directory number for the last three months, the problem is that I get only CDR for the last 54 days, I receive a message saying that report was truncated to avoid performance issues.

Can you please tell me how to extend the 54 days period to three months?

Can you show me how to extract CDR for the last three months?

Thanks in advance, guys.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Carl Ratcliffe
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Amine

Manish is correct you can only view 100 records but there is also settings for CDR max age records, I only have access to CUCM 8.6 at the moment but this is the location of the setting :

CDR Analysis & Reporting > System > Database > Configure Automatic Purge > Max Age Of Call Details Records

CDR records by default are only kept for 60 days. If you want to extend this period you need to change the setting in :

"In the Max Age of Call Detail Records field, enter the maximum number of days that you want to keep the CDRs in the CAR database. Enter a number between 1 and 180. The default value specifies 60 days. CAR deletes all CDRs that are older than the specified number of days."

Thanks Carl Ratclife

Preston Lancashire England

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amine,

This is working as designed, the number of records displayed can not exceed 100. please check page 203 of the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/car/CUCM_BK_C885BA46_00_cdr-analysis-reporting-administration-100.pdf

"In all CDR Search reports, the system only displays the oldest 100 records that fall into the time and date range that you configure. The CDR Search reports generate only in HTML format."

The only ways I can think getting the information you need is wither getting the whole CDR dump and then filter the information on a spreadsheet or sending these CDR to a billing server and let the application to process the information.

Manish

Thank you, Manish, for the precious tip.

Carl Ratcliffe
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Amine

Manish is correct you can only view 100 records but there is also settings for CDR max age records, I only have access to CUCM 8.6 at the moment but this is the location of the setting :

CDR Analysis & Reporting > System > Database > Configure Automatic Purge > Max Age Of Call Details Records

CDR records by default are only kept for 60 days. If you want to extend this period you need to change the setting in :

"In the Max Age of Call Detail Records field, enter the maximum number of days that you want to keep the CDRs in the CAR database. Enter a number between 1 and 180. The default value specifies 60 days. CAR deletes all CDRs that are older than the specified number of days."

Thanks Carl Ratclife

Preston Lancashire England

Thank you, Carl for the precious tip.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bear in mind that there are actually two limits to this, one is the number of days, which cannot go beyond 180, the other one, is that the CDR/CAR DB has a fixed size, and then the watermark config will kick in to prevent it from trying to grow larger. When will the records be deleted??? depends on which one you hit first, if your system is heavily used, you might hit the DB size limit before the 180 days limit.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime for the precious information :)