cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to change the password of CUCM also linked to UCCX

Gerardo Bonti
Level 1
Level 1

I want to change the password of CUCM also linked to UCCX.

If you change the password in CUCM will not work on UCCX, is there a procedure to do this?

Both are of version 7.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I wouldn't use CET unless you have to.

If the system is running and you can log in to appadmin, just:

1) Change the passwrod in CUCM.

2) go to System/Unified CM Configuration in appadmin, and change it there.

3) Restart UCCX.

Obviously I would do all that out of hours. If you are using the CCM Admin account for the AXL user, that's a bad practice and  I would change the user as well:

1) Set up a new App User with membership of a new group (called 'AXL' for example) that has the AXL access role assigned,

2) Configure that user in Unified CM Config in appadmin

3) Restart UCCX

4) Now your CCM admin user is separate and you can change it whenever you like.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are talking about the OS credentials then no, the credentials are not replicated or linked in any way. The OS credentails would be the Windows user/pass on the UCCX system or the user/pass you use when SSH'ng to the CUCM host (or webbing to http:///cmplatform).

When you log into the UCCX web portal (http:///appadmin) the credentials (user/pass) that you provided are actually authenticated by CUCM, not by UCCX. Authorization is done at the UCCX but the credential exists in CUCM.

Are you saying that you can't log into UCCX using the same password as you use on CUCM?

If yes, can you log into UCCX at all?

Can you make sure you are specifying the user name as it is configured in CUCM. I believe UCCX user IDs are case sensitive. So, JHsmith and jhsmith are not the same thing for UCCX.

If you can't log into UCCX at all, using old/new or sys admin credentials, then you have a communication break somewhere. Check your running services, check ping, use the UCCX serviceability tool to check CM node config (IP address) info.

HTH.

-Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Gerardo,

You need to use the CET tool in UCCX , to change the AXL password.

Please refer the below thread,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2041967

Usually Cisco TAC use to work on this tool, may be check with them once, as this tool is little sensitive.

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Gerardo Bonti
Level 1
Level 1

Still I have access to CUCM and Uccx.

Change both the admin web passwords like OS in Unity CCm and UCCX

My question is if I change the password in CUCM, uccx will lose the connection?, Should first change the password in UCCX (AXL Service Provider Configuration)

This service has lost?

Hi Gerardo,

If you try changing it in UCCX first, it will not get validated and will not save.

You need to use the CET tool in UCCX (after you change it in CUCM) , and make it as Fresh_Install and change the AXL passowrd.

Thanks,

Anand

This Fresh_Install I have to set the new password and nothing else? or is reinstall and reconfigure everything in UCCX?

Hi

I wouldn't use CET unless you have to.

If the system is running and you can log in to appadmin, just:

1) Change the passwrod in CUCM.

2) go to System/Unified CM Configuration in appadmin, and change it there.

3) Restart UCCX.

Obviously I would do all that out of hours. If you are using the CCM Admin account for the AXL user, that's a bad practice and  I would change the user as well:

1) Set up a new App User with membership of a new group (called 'AXL' for example) that has the AXL access role assigned,

2) Configure that user in Unified CM Config in appadmin

3) Restart UCCX

4) Now your CCM admin user is separate and you can change it whenever you like.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!