Views
Helpful
Replies

ILS Configuration issue CUCM 9.1.1

Piotr Mlodawski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured ILS on two CUCM 9.1.1 clusters (Hub and Spoke). They authenticate using password (not with certificate). The spoke seems to have registered to the hub. However, the clusters do not seem to see each other.

Advanced Features -> ILS Configuration ->ILS Clusters and Directory URI Imported Catalogs (bottom section ) is emty on Spoke and on Hub this section contains only Hub cluster.

On the Hub i can see following info:

Found 1 hub cluster(s), 0 spoke cluster(s), and 0 directory URI imported catalog(s).

On the Spoke I can see follwoing info:

Found 0 hub cluster(s), 0 spoke cluster(s), and 0 directory URI imported catalog(s).

The clusters have uniques cluster IDs in Enterprise Parameters.

The tomcat-trust certificates have been exchanged (although this step was not necessary, since I am using password authentication.

If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Thanks

18 Replies 18

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1-Is this configuration for URI dialing?.

2- Cancel registeration , specify HUB  and specify password then save a page will appear registeration server press ok without adding any ip address . Then go the other Spoke and type same password , after that a page will appear type the IP address of your HUB.

3- Go to services on each cusm and restart intercluster domain lookup service.CUCM - servicabilty - Services

Thanks

Please rate all useful information

HI

Did you configure SIP trunk between two CUCMs "HUB&SPoke"?.Device-Trunk

Did you configure a SIP route pattern?. call routeing-sip route pattern. 

Did you configure intercluster Directory URI  configuration?.call routing- intercluster Directory URI -intercluster Directory URI.

Thanks

please rate all useful information.

HI

1-Can you answer the above questions?.

2- Status on HUB and spoke on the bottom of page of ils configuration "ILS clusters and directory

URI  Imported ?. I need to see the status , if the integration is ok you have to see up to date .

Thanks

please rate all useful informration

Hi,

1. Yes the SIP trunk is configured with the SIP profile including the FQDN parameter.

2. Yes. The SIP route pattern is configured.

a) On HUB it is "br.com" pointing to SIP trunk to Spoke

b) On spoke it is "hq.com" pointing to SIP trunk to HUB

3. The option Intercluster Directory URI Configuration (with Exchange Directory URI Catalogs with Remote Clusters) iis checked on both HUb and spoke:

a) On HUB it is "hq.com"

b) On spoke it is "br.com"

I wll provide you the scrrenshots rearding ypur next next question.

Thanks, Regards

Hi

Can you try the below:-

Intercluster Directory URI Configuration (with Exchange Directory URI Catalogs with Remote Clusters

1)hq.route

2)br.route

Go to enterprise paramater on each CUCM 

and change cluster ID 

1)HQ.com

2)BR.com

and do again the ILS  , then restart the services . 

Thanks

Please rate all useful infromation

Hi,

I have attached the screentshots.

1. Do you want me to change SIP troute patterns to hq.route and br.route?

2.I will try it with upper case.

Regards

Hi

Yes , try to change SIP route pattern to hq.route and br.route?. And change enterprise parameteres on each cucm to HQ.com and BR.com any name as you wish.To change enterprise parameters go to cucm - system - enterprise parameters - cluster id " chnage it". After that do again ILS.

Note: This is after ILS ok on SIP Trunk check that you enable under outgoing calls -calling and connected party Info format " select Deliver URI and DN in connected party , if available ".

Thanks

please rate all useful information .

Hi

1- Based on your attached file.

2- Please change the password on ILS to do again the ILS , then restart the services on each CUCM and wait for some time . Did you get an error that registering is take a long time ???.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hi,

I have done the changes and verified the SIP trunks.

Everything it OK - by the book.

Changed the password I do not get the error message about the registration taking too long. Spoke is registerd after 15 seconds.

Informational MessageStatus: Ready
Informational MessageFound 0 hub cluster(s), 0 spoke cluster(s), and 0 directory URI imported catalog(s).
Informational MessageRegistered Successfully.

Hi

So your issue solved ??, can you share with me same output which you sent before regarding status on ,docx . 

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hi,

The issue is not solved.

I get these status messages, but still hub sees 0 spokes and spoke sees no hub in the status below.

Although as you can see the registration statsus of the spoke to hub seems OK.

Regards

I have it working in my lab configuring each server as a HUB, I got 10.0 and 10.5 and it works just fine. Just make sure the SIP route pattern exactly matches the RHS of the URIs, and that you configure the same as the advertised route string.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi,

There is one more thing that might be of importance.

Since it is a lab environment, the Spoke cliuster has not been installed from scratch but it is a copy of the HUB CUCM VM (hostanme and IP address have been changed and certificates regenrated)

Do you think it can be causing such problems? (some sort of identity mismatch)

I am currently reinstalling the clusters.

Hi Piotr,

I see that no answer take into account the point that you have one copied VM. I got the same issue with a different version (11.0) and we have in common this point of copied VM. The CLI command "utils ils showpeerinfo" give the same "Peer Id" for the two machines. I think it can cause a problem in synchronization.

Sorry to be 2 years late, but it can help somebody else...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: