Replies

Inbound PSTN call to UCCX fail

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi 

I have sip call flow as below

PSTN -- sip -- CUBE(SP edition) -- sip -- CUCM -- CTI Port -- CCX

When PSTN call the number and it should trigger CCX application to play message BUT instead we carriage message "xxx be advised the number tried to call has been disconnected."

The CCM trace shows 404 Not Found but DNA shows the call show works. Why?

CCM traces and CCX Engine traces is attached. 

CM version is 10.5

CCX version is 10.5

calling: +61423348232

called: +61730842590 (DN 41490 is CTI RP register to CCM).

DN 40700 is CTI port.

Both CTI port 40700 and CTI RP 41490 are assign to jtapi application user in CUCM

FH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure that the SIP trunk's CSS lists partition assigned to the CTI ports on top of the CTI Route Point as even though the call goes to CTI RP you need access to the CTI ports for the call to connect.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you call the UCCX trigger internally? Have you checked the Calling Search Space of the SIP trunk in CUCM config?

Brandon

As Brandon said, the first thing you should do here is call the DN internally, and make sure that it works. Then, you make sure the CSS of the trunk can reach that DN.

Can you verify the DN associated with UCCX is 40700?

Thanks,

FG

Francisco

Internal call works fine and DNA show it should works as well but CCM traces show 404 not found generate by CCM.

I stand correction, 40700 is CTI port not CTI RP.

CTI RP is 41490 which is registered to CUCM.

Fei

Make sure that the SIP trunk's CSS lists partition assigned to the CTI ports on top of the CTI Route Point as even though the call goes to CTI RP you need access to the CTI ports for the call to connect.

Fei he

Are you able to hear the greeting played by UCCX when you call from PSTN?

If you are able to hear the greeting and the call drops after selecting the options, I am pretty much sure that this is an MTP issue.

Looks like an MTP is being invoked in the call flow. Make sure you have MTP's in you MRG of the device pool given to the CTI and the SIP trunk.

From you traces, I am seeing that the CUCM is unable to allocate an MTP for this call.

Hi Karthikyadavalli

Appreciated your comments but I don't think this is issue with MTP as we are getting 404 error instead of 488 if it is media resource issue.

Fei

Hi Chris

In our case, trunk incoming CSS only list partition of CTI RP not CTI ports. Does the trunk incoming CSS need include partition of both CTI RP and CTI ports??

My understanding call flow is incoming PSTN call should only search CTI RP then CTI RP hands off call to CTI Port with correct CSS on CTI RP. Correct me if I am wrong. Why trunk incoming CSS need able to reach partition for both CTI port and CTI RP?

Is there any UCCX integration documentation guide suggest that CUCM incoming trunk CSS need access partition for both CTI RP and CTI Port for inbound PSTN call work?

Fei

This is not suggestion this is required, and if your CSS does not have access to the CTI port partition you will run into the exact issue you describe.

I will test out tomorrow and include CTI ports partition in trunk CSS and see how we goes.

Chris

We have resolve the issue after adding CTI ports partition into trunk incoming CSS.

Much appreciated.

Fei

Thank you Chris, this helped me this evening!

There is a way around this.  You have to change the Trigger in UCCX.  Under Applications, go into the application you wish to change and click on the trigger.  Once in the trigger click on show more and change the calling search space for redirect from default to the one needed.  By default CUCM uses the originating device's calling search space for redirect and this changes this behavior so you do not need to add any additional partitions to the Gateway CSS if that is unwanted. 

Calling Search Space for Redirect

By default, Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the original calling party's calling search space (CSS) to process the redirected call from a Unified CCX Trigger to a Unified CCX CTI Port. This default behavior requires the partition of the Unified CCX CTI ports to be a member of the original calling party's CSS even if the partition of the CTI Route Point/Unified CCX Trigger is accessible to the calling device's CSS and the CSS of the CTI Route Point/Unified CCX Trigger contains the partition of the Unified CCX CTI Ports.

You can modify this behavior using the drop-down list to instruct Cisco Unified Communications Manager which CSS to use when redirecting the call from the CTI Route Point to the CTI Port.

Calling Search Space for Redirect options:

• Default Calling Search Space—CSS of the calling device

• Calling Address Search Space—CSS of the calling device

• Route Point Address Search Space—CSS of the CTI Route Point (Trigger)

Francisco

The trunk CSS need reach either CTI RP 41490 or CTI Port 40700 or both?

Fei