cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound transformation pattern

aaron.banks11
Level 1
Level 1

On inbound calls to phones currently the display shows 916045551212 and I would like the display to show 1604xxxxxxx.  On missed calls though I want the 9 inserted so users don't have to edit the dial.  I have 1/2 accomplished (the missed calls) but the inbound transformation I can't seem to get.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aaron

plenty of docco on how to achieve this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/68223-digit2.html

http://www.lewan.com/blog/cisco-unified-communications-10.x-adding-prefixes-to-call-history-for-ease-to-users

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I have the missed call part resolved.  It was the incoming display - by changing the system parameter, now users see 91XXXXXXXXXX and only want to see 1XXXXXXXXXX.

Aaron using the system parameters is not the way to do it. You need to create two calling party transformation patterns.

Ex

1. 1XXXXXXX in pt.. Gw-pt-ani

Prefix 9.

Then apply a css that is assigned the partition above under the calling party xformation css of the gateway. Uncheck use device pool css. Make sure it's  the only pt on the css

2. Create a second calling party css eg 9. 1XXXXXXX,  in phones-ani-pt discard digit predot

Then assign the pt to a css and assign the css to the device pool of the phones, under calling party xformation css.

Please rate all useful posts

The only calling party transformation CSS I can see under the device pool is related to device mobility or Caller ID for calls FROM this phone (which tells me from is originating from the phone not going TO the phone).  Clearly I am missing something (a few brain cells is accurate).

Ayo 

is referring to this:

(which can be found on the actual configuration pages of the gateway in question)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

His point 2 referred to the device pool.  That is the source of my confusion.  Not the gateway.

That is correct, the calling party transformation on the device pool is applied at the device mobility level. Please assign the CSS here

Please rate all useful posts

nathanjgrace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron, are you using CUCM or CME? Where are you prefixing the 9 currently?

Hi Nathan - CUCM 10.5.2 and the 9 is currently being prefixed in service parameters - call manager service (click on advanced).  The 9 is entered in the Incoming Calling National Number Prefix - Phone.  So 1/2 is working for the users (i.e. they don't have to edit the dial for missed calls and insert a 9 because it's already there).  But that 9 is coming back into the phone from an outside call (shows as 91234XXXXXXX).

Hopefully that makes sense.

I wonder if since I am using that to insert the 9, if I can on the MGCP gateway configuration in CUCM, strip the 9 on the incoming calling party settings.