cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls via H323 GW to CUCM not working

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

Here is some background. Our office currently runs off of a hosted CM. It's SIP from our GW to the service provider. And the CM uses SIP trunks for routing.

We are building out a new internal CM that we will eventually cutover to. We have setup an h323 GW in our CM utilizing the loopback address of the voice GW. When I try to make an incoming test call to my CIPC phone, I get fast busy. Debug voice ccapi inout shows the call hit the correct dial peer (a dial peer I built for the specific DID and pointed to the new CM) but ends in disconnect. From this point, it matches existing dial peers but doesn't proceed because unallocated number.

What am I missing here to have the incoming calls come to our new CM? I added the h323 GW statements to the loopback. I verified the voice service voip allow h323 to sip and vice versa. I have attached the debug voice ccapi inout.

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you add the config of the GW as well.  cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Will do tomorrow

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are getting unallocated number - make sure you are converting the full DID number to 5 (or wahtever) digit extension at gateway or setting appropriate significant digits in CUCM under H323 gateway inbound calls section.

Also in CUCM under that section (inbound calls) check you have the appropriate CSS applied.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

The un allocated number is after the real issue. It matches the dial peer that points to the new CM but fails for whatever the reason. The next dial peer it matches points to the in service CM which doesn't have my test number built...that's the reason for the I allocated number. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks. I had already looked up the code but don't know what it's referencing. 

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

I have been working with TAC on this issue and after many debugs and traces, we are still working. We have since changed to a SIP path instead of H323. H323 was causing issues with the CUCM causing the calls to fail. The disconnect was coming from the Router but its because of a fix that was done under bug:

CSCus73488 CUBE doesn't send H245 CLC for outstanding OLC if TCS is received

Before the CUCM sends the final OLC Ack to open the audio channels, it instead sends another TCS which causes the CUBE to send a CLC based on the fix of the above bug which is what should happen and the Router will terminate the call. 

We tried using MTP as a work around but was not successful. So that's when we decided to switch to SIP and I am still having some issues even though we are getting close.

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

Problem resolved. The windows firewall was on. I ended up downloading a jabber client on my MAC side and configured a user and the calls worked fine. Once I did this, it obviously pointed at a problems with my windows VM. I usually keep that firewall off, but guess I turned it on for whatever reason recently. We have had this resolved for a week or so, but forgot to reply back here. Thanks for all suggestions.