Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming E1 call forward to external not working

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco SME with below issues:

Incoming external calls to IP Phone working properly.

Outgoing calls from IP Phones to PSTN working properly.

but now when I forward my Ip phone to external number and try to call to my Ip phone from external, I get busy tone.

As this external call forward was worked properly before. I made a check with my E1 provider with the result that a Service Provider would not allow any Number OUTSIDE the subscribed DID range and asked me to configure my PBX to send any number within your subscribed DID range as CALLING NUMBER (CLID) for successful call transactions.

Here is the incoming dial-peer used:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .    

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 0

20 Replies 20

For this test call I set Call forward on my desk IP phone 150 to external number 955667788

Then I made call from my mobile No 0123456789 to the DID number 70050050 without success as in the attached debug file.

“Note: when I call from any internal extension to 150 it forward to external successfully and ring on 55667788

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see the outgoing SETUP for the redirected call in that debug.  Is it actually trying to place the outbound call?

Could you post full isdn q931 debug showing the incoming and outgoing attempt?   And also the same for a call redirected from an internal call.

I don't think you've said what country this is, my apologies if I have messed this.  But are you completely sure your outbound calling number is in the correct format for your actual service.  To give an example in the UK some BT ISDN-30e circuits need the calling number in the form we normally dial ie 01234555666, but some need it in official National format ie "1234555666 type national"

To check this out could you post debug isdn q931 for a normal outbound call, where the calling number is accepted and correctly displayed at the far end?  The rule could be amended if needed to add the number type ..

rule 15 /.*/ /8282100100/ type any national

If you want to translate unknown calling numbers onto one of your DDIs you need a rule to match anything other than your internal number range.  Like this example where rule 5 matches your three digit extension range and expands to the full DDI.  Rule 10 matches anything that already matches your DDI range and leaves it unchanged, and rule 15 matches anything else ..

voice translation-rule 100
rule 5 /\(^[12]..$\)/ /8282100\1/
rule 10 /\(^8282100[12]..$\)/ /\1/
rule 15 /^.*/ /8282100100/

For rule 15 I would suggest to make this change.

rule 15 /.*/ /8282100100/

Ie remove the ^ as that’s not needed for the specific match statement. 

Response Signature

You're perfectly correct.  All I can say is I had a bad experience with voice translation rules during my formative years, hence my excess caution.

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

The issue has been fixed ,many thanks to all of you for great support.

it solved after I applied @TONY SMITH  rule 15 /^.*/ /8282100100/  & @Roger Kallberg rule 15 /.*/ /8282100100/