Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming E1 call forward to external not working

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco SME with below issues:

Incoming external calls to IP Phone working properly.

Outgoing calls from IP Phones to PSTN working properly.

but now when I forward my Ip phone to external number and try to call to my Ip phone from external, I get busy tone.

As this external call forward was worked properly before. I made a check with my E1 provider with the result that a Service Provider would not allow any Number OUTSIDE the subscribed DID range and asked me to configure my PBX to send any number within your subscribed DID range as CALLING NUMBER (CLID) for successful call transactions.

Here is the incoming dial-peer used:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .    

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 0

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you want to translate unknown calling numbers onto one of your DDIs you need a rule to match anything other than your internal number range.  Like this example where rule 5 matches your three digit extension range and expands to the full DDI.  Rule 10 matches anything that already matches your DDI range and leaves it unchanged, and rule 15 matches anything else ..

voice translation-rule 100
rule 5 /\(^[12]..$\)/ /8282100\1/
rule 10 /\(^8282100[12]..$\)/ /\1/
rule 15 /^.*/ /8282100100/

View solution in original post

For rule 15 I would suggest to make this change.

rule 15 /.*/ /8282100100/

Ie remove the ^ as that’s not needed for the specific match statement. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

Appreciated if you provide your assist on how I can configure my PBX to send only numbers within my DID range.

There are multiple options for this. One would be to create a voice translation rule to match on numbers that falls outside of your DID numbers and translate the calling number to one of your DID numbers in the outbound direction.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger,

I've tried the same without success as per below . 

For reminder, the issue is I have set Call forward on my desk IP phone to external number. From an inside extension the forward works but when a call comes in from the PSTN or another branch via sip trunk does not work. 

Does my service provider continue blocks call forward to external even if I configured my CME to send any number within my subscribed DID range as CALLING NUMBER (CLID)?

rule 1 /\(^1..\)/ /8282100\1/
"suppose that my DID range is 8282100100 - 8282100299 "

voice translation-profile 100
translate calling 100

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description <<DIAL_PSTN>>
translation-profile outgoing 100
destination-pattern 9[01234567].......
forward-digits 8

reference

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/82046-cfwdcme-ext-num-fails.html

Your translation will only match if the calling number starts with a 1 and have 2 more digits.

You’ll need to re-work this to match on any calling number that does not match against your numbers. For details on how voice translation rules works please see this document.

Response Signature

forward-digits 0 is used on outbound dial peers, as such it has no usage on an inbound dial peer.

Response Signature

Change "" to Last/First redirecting Number. on CUCM gateway page or trunk page.

1.png

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin,

its CME router not CUCM.

You wrote Cisco SME in your OP. So not to surprising that we'd think that your on CM.

Response Signature

Yes you're right . I am sorry its my mistake

Since your ISP doesn't translate unknown calls to your Pilot number. 

On CME Add a rule to translate all unknowns calls to your DID pilot. Use this translation profile calling and apply it on voice-port or dial-peer. 

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal As this would match any calling number I’d suggest that there are a few additional rules added before this to match on the specific number range that is used on the directory numbers. @TONY SMITH Has made a suggestion on this that from the look should be what is needed. @hamadsry Have you tried with this suggestion?

Apart from this, using the ^ sign is not really applicable for a wild card match statement as there is no specific start match definition, it just match on anything.

Response Signature

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

I ‘ve tried all suggestion without success:

For reminder, the issue that I have set Call forward on my desk IP phone to external number.  From an inside extension the forward works but when a call comes in from the PSTN or another branch via sip trunk does not work.

Does my service provider continue blocks call forward to external even if I configure my CME to send any number within my subscribed DID range as CALLING NUMBER (CLID) as in the below?

"suppose that my DID range is 8282100100 - 8282100299 "

translate calling 100

dial-peer voice 1 pots

forward-digits 8

hamadsry
Level 1
Level 1

I ‘ve tried all suggestion without success:

For reminder, the issue that I have set Call forward on my desk IP phone to external number.  From an inside extension the forward works but when a call comes in from the PSTN or another branch via sip trunk does not work.

Does my service provider continue blocks call forward to external even if I configure my CME to send any number within my subscribed DID range as CALLING NUMBER (CLID) as in the below?

"Suppose that my DID range is 8282100100 - 8282100299 "

translate calling 100

dial-peer voice 1 pots

forward-digits 8

Hi,

The config you have provided looks fine, but it may be helpful to see your running config and debugs.

Please post a sanitized version of your running configuration as that might help fill any gaps.

In addition to that, take debugs and make some test calls replicating the call forward. Provide the following debugs as separate text files attached to the post:

- Debug isdn Q931

- Debug voip ccapi inout