cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install LSC

Hi

CUCM version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Phone firmware: 9.3.1SR2-1S

I'm trying to install LSC's on our 79X1 and 79X2 phones. The cluster is in mixed mode, the CTL exist on all phones, but the LSC installation does not happen. I followed this excellent guide, but there is no "update" softkey when I unlock the phone settings. I tried installing the LSC using authentication string, null string or existing MIC, but they all fail because there is no update softkey.

However when I downgrade a phone to 8.4.4S and use the authentication string method, the "update" softkey appears and the LSC succesfully installs.

Unfortunately we cannot downgrade all 2000+ phones to 8.4.4S, press the "update" softkey and upgrade again to 9.3.1SR2-1S.

I tried different firmware versions, but only 8.4.4S seems to work...

In the phone logs, I could see that it does not accept the configuration when updating the CAPF info: the phone status displays "error verifying config info" and the phone logs shows that it deletes the new config file it just received from TFTP:

ERR 09:14:31.155205 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.xml.ao:  - XML Parser Exception: name expected (position:START_TAG <null>@130:2 in java.io.InputStreamReader@c5eec7)  (line=130)

ERR 09:14:31.156179 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.cfg.r:? - ERROR PARSING CONFIG file:ram/SEP2C3F38C826B1.cnf.xml

NOT 09:14:31.178677 tftpClient: request server6 1 ---> ::

NOT 09:14:31.264789 JVM: Startup Module Loader - Deletion of file Successful/usr/ram/SEP2C3F38C826B1.cnf.xml

NOT 09:14:31.266175 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.cfg.r:? - DELETE ConfigFile:(ram/SEP2C3F38C826B1.cnf.xml)WAS SUCCESSFUL

Any ideas please?

Thijs

2 Replies 2

If anyone is interested in the solution:

After some troubleshooting TAC could identify this funny bug:

CSCue31341

Cannot install LSC when CAPF Traces are disabled
Symptom:
-No "Update" Softkey on IP Phones when going to Settings > Security Settings >LSC.
-The Phones config file will show a blank entry for "processNodeName" in the "capf" section of its config file:
< capf>

< /capf>
-You will see the following in the TFTP traces even though Certificate Authority Proxy Function (CAPF) service is enabled:
CXMLProcessNodeCache::GetActiveCAPFNode(), No CAPF Service Activated

Conditions:
-CTL Client has been run on the cluster
-Tracing for the CAPF service has been disabled on the CUCM node that the CAPF service is active on.

Workaround:
-Check the "Trace On" checkbox on the CM Serviceability web page for the CAPF service

Bedankt Thijs,

there is no way I would have ever figured that one out.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.