Views
Helpful
Replies

Install SSL Certificate - CUCM

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Am trying to install the SSL certificate on CUCM 8.6 to avoid the Web Security error while logging to UCM Admin & User page.

With the reference of below link we sent the CSR to CA get the Certificate.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080b43504.shtml

We able to upload the certifcate in "tomcat-trust-store" . Unable to upload the certificate in the tomcat getting the error as " CA is not available in trust store".

In Cisco documnet seeing the "Root Certificate" option but i couldn't see in my CUCM in the upload certifcate page.

Thanks in Advance

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you upload the root cert first as tomcat-root and then link the signed cert to the root and you upload this as tomcat only.

HTH,

Chris

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See if this guide helps: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6119

There are some minor differences between the version this was based on and your version, such as the root certificate field is now gone on CUCM 8.x.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There used to be an option to specify the root cert when you uploaded any cert, and you'd leave it blank if you were uploading a root cert. I think it disappeared, so don't worry about that - just ensure you have uploaded the root/intermediate certs first as directed by Chris...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I just went through this as well.  My steps were:

Generate the CSR

Send the CSR to your CA (Make sure you don't corupt the CSR when transfering or copying and pasting it)

Upload the root certificate to the tomcat-trust store

Upload your intermediate certificate (if you have) to the tomcat-trust store

Upload your signed certificate to the tomcat store. (Common name must match exactly to the output of "show web-security" from the CLI

Restart Tomcat Service

Repeat on all other servers

1. Where and how do I retrieve the root cert.
  2. How do i install it 

I need the procedure. 

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: