Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate Cisco IPT with Avaya PBX in seperate private networks over MPLS

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 8.0 cluster with Cisco H323 voice gateways. Our remote customer has Avaya PBX and has a MPLS WAN link to our network currently used for data transmission.I want to know if I can integrate(securely and without compromisiong on voice quality) our Cisco IPT to clients Avaya PBX for extension to extension dialing to avoid going through PSTN? I know I can put a VG with QSIG trunk to Avaya if the PBX was in our environment but wanted to know how to integrate Cisco IPT & Avaya PBX when in two different private secure networks & in different location over MPLS.

Thanks

KMS

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Certainly you can. The solution/approach will depend on what type of Avaya PBX you have. Is it IP enabled? Can it run SIP? If it can, the sip is probably your best solution. There are lots of documentation on how to integrate Avaya with CUCM depending again on your Avaya model

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Aokanlawon,

Thanks for replying.Yes it is IP enabled through Communication Manager 5.2.1 and CLAN card.Plan is to integrate using H323.Which of below option is feasible and is better/recommended ?

1.IP assigned on CLAN card will configured directly as a H323 Gateway on CUCM 8.0 for outbound calls from CUCM.CUCM server IP will be configured on Avaya CM 5.2.1 to route inbound to CUCM through CLAN card.

2. Configure VOIP dial peer on Cisco IOS  H323 VG pointing to remote Avaya CLAN card IP address for outbound calls. Cisco IOS H323 VG IP address will be configured on Avaya CM 5.2.1 to route inbound through CLAN card.

Also will NATing CUCM server & Phone IP addresses in this integration affect voice quality or will have any other issues?

Thanks

KMS

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi KMS,

I'll just add a link to the CUCM Interop portal to the great tips from

my buddy Deji (+5 "D") ")

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band