Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of IP telephony

Hi,

I am in trouble with a routing in a network.

I have a firewall which is in charge of a routing in a network. I want to integrete ip telephony with a CCME.

Does I need to configure router on a stick in my CCME router or I have to configure two separately interface and let the firewall makes the routing.

Regards,

Aristide AKAFFOU

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Its really not needed to perform factory default to each phone. you can erase the CTL & ITL while registering phone to CME .

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All you need to make sure is that the endpoints can reach each other directly, and that the endpoints and CME can reach each other.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok, we can ping each other but the problem it is the phone registration.

Is there a particular configuration that I have missed?

ip dhcp pool voice
 network 10.19.51.0 255.255.255.0
 default-router 10.19.51.1: IP @ of a firewall which make routing
 option 150 ip 158.113.41.84: IP address of the CUCM router
 dns-server 158.113.41.123
 lease 0 7

The main problem is phone registration, because the server can ping IP phones and IP phones won't register. I don't know why because all services is activated in a CUCM?

The CCME is a dhcp server for the ip phones.

Regards,

Aristide

That's a whole different thing you're talking about there, you never mentioned CUCM in your original post.

But, it's still basically the same thing, you simply need to make sure that you have the same routing I mentioned, endpoint to endpoint, and endpoint to CUCM, make sure you're letting the required traffic in your network.

Look at CUCM traces, if you don't see the registration attempts, you need to fix your routing.

HTH

java

Sorry,

ok How can I fix my routing? I have to delete router on a stick in my router ?

Regards,

Aristide AKAFFOU

If you need assistance on general routing/switching, you want to post in the CSC area for that. I can't tell you how to fix your routing/switching, I would assume you know how your configuration looks like, and how your routing is configured right now to achieve that, if not, then as previously suggested, post in the routing/switching area of CSC

HTH

java

thank you Jaime.

Hi Jaime,
I have a question to ask. Does phone must be in factory default to perform new installation?
For me it is not really a new installation, I initiate a migration to CME from CUCM.
I am sure this a issue because the router tell me that there is a dhcp conflict.
Now we have full connectivity between data and voice network.

Regards,

Aristide AKAFFO

Its really not needed to perform factory default to each phone. you can erase the CTL & ITL while registering phone to CME .

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Thanks Nadeem,

I have no access with phone settings they required a password and I don't know it.

The phones have already registered in CME and I want to migrate to CUCM.

Best Regards,

Aristide AKAFFOU

Hi Aristide,

If the phones are currently registered in CME, then you could pull out the configuration file for that particular MAC which is available in flash using TFTP or open the config file using "more flash:<filename>" command:

sh flash

open this configuration file in any text editor and search for the keyword password to find out the current password set.

HTH,

Rajan