Helpful
Replies

Inter cluster trunk

Ian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am just about to start a migration from CM4.2 to CUCM 8.6

I plan to setup an ICT between the two servers during the migration so users can call each other accross platforms - is there anything I should be aware of when doing this between the different versions?

I can;t seem to find out the concurrent calls support accross in the trunk - so I presume its based don the IP link

Any advice / gotchas  would really help -

Thanks

Pete

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ian,

It is pretty straight forward. One thing that comes to mind is that you need to rememeber to move the extensions of users that have been migrated to a disabled partition. This is to ensure that calls to these extensions go via the ICT trunk, otherwise users will get a busy tone.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

thanks - my plan was to set a callforward on the users DN to the DN on the new platform i.e ICT prefix and extension this way I can BAT update the lines as they migrate - I though this was caused the least number of changes to routing.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Should be fine, and running ICT across different CM versions is not an issue.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

are there any useful tools for exporting the hunt groups, pickups groups etc

On 4.X BAT was limited to only phones, only recent versions have the ability to import/export about everything in the configuration, right now, you're looking at manual migration of all that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: