Views
Helpful
Replies

Introducing Business Hours Support for CCME B-ACD/AA

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

I was in the need to set an inflexible business schedule *and* proper call management with queues, for which I was using CME's B-ACD.

I tried to use a co-resident CUE for that, but ran into problems (related to the method used by CUE to transfer calls), that prompted me to code schedule support directly into the B-ACD/AA script.

The configuration details are explained in the script itself that you can access at:

Update. The script can now be acquired at ciscoscripts.com

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paolo,

I see that you have been busy again, coming up with helpful,innovative ways to improve these configs. The fact that you share these so willingly still blows me away! Please give me a short reply here so I can give this kindness the nice rating it deserves :)

Take care,

Huff

Hehe thanks Huff, in fact I had finished the above in a stormy night before leaving for some vacation at this time. But I had posted in the "wrong" forum, so here it is now.

Anyway, rust never sleep as they say, those of you with business or interest in Aviation, expect to see something related to that, on your phones screen soon!

Gentleman,

I am hopeful that you could point me in the right direction. I have the most awful time writing these scripts and making them work. On average they take me 8 to 12 hours just to get through one basic AA script, ie dial extension at any time, 1 for spell by name, 2 for xyz group, or 0 for operator. I need to start using the B-ACD function but am hesitant since it takes so much time. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ted

Ted,

TCL/IVR scripting is not very easy. That is, to write and debug new scripts.

On the other hand, the standard AA/B-ACD works well when configured according to the extensive documentation, and avoiding certain pitfalls that are easily remembered after the first time.

Is this what you wanted to know ?

Hi,

I'm trying to write a script as simple as:

someone call in and get a message

is redirected to a hunt group and listen to moh while in queue

if no one answers the call in 30 seconds it gives a new message "please wait you bla, bla..."

and so on until someone answers the call.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your time.

RC

Hi, what you want is B-ACD/AA in drop-through mode. In the documentation it is explained how to configure that.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

What about the IVR, can I do that with the IVR?

I have ccm 5 and CUE.

the idea is to have a prompt and send the call to a hunt group queue and from time to time give another prompt to the caller until the call is answered.

Thanks,

RC

Hi,

Yes you can write custom scripts with the CUE.

However, a script supporting queues would be very complicated to write, so the queue function must be done somewhere else. I don't know if CCM5 supports hunt-groups with queues.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update, I've fixed a bug that prevented use of "schedule-prompt" parameter, useful to change the announcements without the trouble related to audio files caching by IOS.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've finally added support for holidays schedule to my "PL2" branch of B-ACD/AA:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2-pl2.tcl

This way you can predefine all holidays, either fixed for any year, or moving from year to year.

The idea is to give to the installations where CUE is not available, an easy way to support hours and holidays schedules.