Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgrade and Feature License installation for Cisco 2921

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

I am in the process of preparing a Cisco router 2921 as a Voice Gateway and need to do the following:

1. IOS upgrade from version 15.0(1)M6 to version 15.1.4M5 in order to be able to activate an EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU interface for SIP trunk circuit to SP.

2. Install the following feature licenses (UC Technology license already installed on router):

a. FL-CUBEE-25=

b. FL-CME-SRST-25=

c. FL-SRST-25=

My questions are the follwoing:

1. Upgrading from version 15.0(1)M6 to version 15.1.4M5 is possible without intermediate version upgrades (i.e., intermediate version upgrades)?

2. Does the Feature Licenses need to be re-installed on the router after the version upgrade or the new IOS will recognize all the licensing that was active on the older version prior to the upgrade?

3. I already received the packages for the three Feature License but there is no PAK or something similar on the packages, there is only letters saying thank you for buying the licenses. Where can I obtain the Feature Licenses file and the upload procedure to the router?

Thanks in advanced guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes.

2. No.

3 These are paper only licenses. No PAK. And, b and c are the same, so I don;t know why you bought c.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes.

2. No.

3 These are paper only licenses. No PAK. And, b and c are the same, so I don;t know why you bought c.

Thanks Paolo for the information. How do these paper licenses are activated then? Wich is the process to follow? Thanks again!

There is no need to do anything. That's why they are called paper liceses.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: