Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator error

Hello,

I get this error everytime I open IP communicator, the ip communicator just has a blank screen. The error is "unable to initialize keyboard mappings" Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. The ip communicator version is 8.6 and we have call manager 8.

Please help.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

edsand2000
Level 1
Level 1

I have nothing to offer unfortunately.  Replacing the PC is the unsustainable solution we use. We have a very large org. and a mix of soft and hard phones. 

That solution is quickly running out of traction. Might have to enlist TAC before long.

Any Suggestions how to fix this problem?

Details are sketchy right now, still investigating. Ten of seventy recent new softphone users have experienced the error, only two corrected at this time. Can't point to a solid cause or solution yet.

Out of curiosity, do you use roaming profiles, Horacio? We are starting to think that it may be related.

Hi Edsand2000,

Did the solution you gave work for you where you change the mac address?

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.

edsand2000
Level 1
Level 1

Ok Horacio, I deleted the MAC Address reply because it didn't work the way I thought. The MAC address fix turns out to be a 'red-herring' there are no changes on Call Manager required.

Here's what (we think) is happeneing...:

We use MS 'Roaming Profiles'. This error occurs only for computers that had been in use and recieved IP Communicator via SMS push, it does not occur on all of them. Machines that were deployed with a newer OS image that included IP Communicator do not get the error.

We are convinced the fault lies in the machines default user profile. By having the user log onto a machine which had the softwarae pre installed, something in the machines' default user profile is invoked and then imported into their roaming profile, which corrects the problem on their own machine. Without roaming profiles, I am not sure what the fix could be. We have tried re-installing the application, and also tried deleting and recreating the Users' profiles, withuot success.

Without roaming profiles, not sure at all what the fix could be.

kyle_hanson
Level 1
Level 1

Was this ever fixed on your end? We are seeing this on one user as well.

This is confirmed as a roaming profile issue.  Have the user log onto a PC with a soft phone already successfully loaded on it.  It will then update that users roaming profile.  When they log onto THEIR pc, it will be resolved.

If not using roaming profiles, the users local profile may also be corrupted. Backup users documents, and settings. Delete the users entire profile from the local machine. This involves registry as well, not just the folder <username>.