Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator issue

trbonja05
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have Call Manager V11.5 in cluster config.

2 VLANs for phones and one VLAN for the Phone VM servers.

I'm testing Cisco IP Communicator/Jabber - If the IP address is in one of the phone VLANs it works perfectly but if you use VPN, you would get IP from different VLANs and there is one-way audio - I cannot hear the caller but the caller can hear me. But If a call goes to the voice mail I can hear just fine so I assume there is a routing issue but don't know where.

I have updated VLAN's ACL  and even without ACLs, results are the same

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

T

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One way audio or no audio issues are most commonly routing issues, or ACL/FW/something blocking the communication.

RTP flows directly between the endpoints in the call, make sure that there is connectivity between the two IPs from the endpoints while using VPN.

You'll have to follow the path of the RTP in your network to find out where the problem is.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure your firewall allows routing across subnets at play over VPN.

Is the call when on VPN to/from PSTN or internal phone on LAN? Make sure both sides can ping each other, i.e. ping the VPN phone IP address from the L3 device assigned to the internal LAN phone sourcing from that interface (ie. VLAN interface if L3 is done on L3 switch or specific interface if router is used).

Thanks for replies,

It's a local call from one internal extension to another and yes, both ends can ping each other, even when connected remotely through VPN.

One-way audio occurs only if the laptop with jabber is connected through VPN and gets an IP address which is from a different range.

If I change the VPN DHCP scope to assign the same range as phone VLAN's, everything works.