extremum
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

For CUCM group 1 we have 2 cucm

CUCM Grp 1

1. CUCM1
  2. CUCM2

When we restart the CUCM1 phone goes to CUCM2 and when CUCM1 is up phone goes to CUCM1 again . 

How we can increase the failover period , we want to be sure all CUCM1 services are up ! Then phone should be switch to CUCM1 so we want to increase this duration ?

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You don't need to have all CUCM services up, for the phone to work. The Callmanager service is the important one.
Per default, the phone queries the redundant servers every 30s.
And I wouldn't know any setting to control this time (which doesn't necessarely mean, there is none).

Yes but we want to be sure all services up not just call manager service  also CTI services . etc we are looking any way to increase this duration .

"Yes but we want..." --> I don't think, that the phone cares about what you want. ';)'
Don't you think, that Cisco has done some thinking about that mechanism too and has configured it to work best? And if the relevant services for the phone wouldn't be started completely, the phone wouldn't register anyway.

I have quickly gone through the Callmanager Service parameter, enterprise parameters and the sip profile, and wouldn't see any settings to change the behaviour.

But you are always free to open a TAC and discuss this with Cisco directly and let others know about your findings here in the forum.

we have cisco-genesys integration , yesterday we restarted call managers and phone goes the active cucm meanwhile we observed jtapi requests from genesys to cucm jtapi  time out because some services have not started yet . 

so I think maybe we can isolate the cucm groups according to restart to keep the phones alway in active cucm or if there is any option we can increase the timer.