Views
Helpful
Replies

IP PHONE REGISTRATION PROBLEMS

maccollins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

All the IP phones in our remote office are not registering to the network. the call manager is in the head office and there's connectivity to it through a leased circuit. The IP phones are getting their correct config from the default router which is also the DHCP server for the remote site. All network devices and end devices can reach the call manager except the IP phones. The call Manager can ping the phones and when i add PC's to the voice Vlan, they can reach the call manager just fine. 

I'm suspecting the phones cant reach their default router (see symbol beside default router in the pix attached) but that's where they are getting their IP config from. I've been tearing my head out looking for a fix to no avail.

I Need help!!!!!

19 Replies 19

Open up a TAC case. In case we are not missing anything or the pcaps were taken correctly, the default GW never responds to ARP requests by the phone. The IP phone never sends a registration request.

I tried opening a TAC case but unfortunately, our service contract has expired & it'll take a while to go through the bureaucracy of renewing that Meanwhile the remote office has been down without voice network for a week now. The strange thing is all of the over 30 phones in that location are experiencing the same problem. What exactly could we be missing?

I understand but this would be more platform troubleshooting from this point on. I wish I could have been more useful through the forums here.
Is there a way for you to hook up a phone directly to your WAN bypassing the default GW as in have everything in the same subnet or probably have a different router act as a default GW ? I am assuming that you have checked everything else from a VLAN, SVI etc point.

What is the IP address of your CUCM? The other responder is right, that no registration requests are being sent. But I'd like to see if the IP address of the CUCM is anywhere in the mix.

Is the router at your remote site NAT/PAT-ing traffic back to the CUCM at the main office? That would account for pings working, but not registrations.

The call manager Ip is 10.80.0.221 (Publisher) & 10.80.0.223 (Subscriber). The default router is at the remote office. We have a leased circuit connection to the head office & a site to site VPN as a fail over. I've tried both individually but the phones are not registering. They are not even communicating with the default router which is in the same remote office. I believe is the main problem here