Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones direct calling - only 1 DN to be isolated from network

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

OK. This is a very simple and indeed a pretty basic question. Im just getting confused doing this. Hence i end up all messed up. This is what i need -

I have a CUCM 8.6.2 running on an MCS. I have E1 PRI line working smoothly with all the IP Phones. All IP Phones are a part of Internal-PT. The voice gateway is configured under Internal-CSS ...... (Internal-CSS comprises of Internal-PT)

Now, there is this 1 higher managment user (eg: DN 100) - his requiremnets are -

• No one from internal should be able to call him
  • He should be able to make PSTN Calls
  • He should be able to recieve PSTN Calls

Any idea how to implement this. All help will be appreciated

Regards,

Shabeeb

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To achieve that you need to put the managers DN in a PT, for example named Manager_PT, that isn't seen in the other phones CSS (device and/or line depending on your setup). Then on the VGW select a incoming CSS that can see both Internal_PT and Manager_PT. From your description it sounds like you need to create a new CSS for this, for example named Inc_PSTN_GW_CSS.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

For the added requirement you basically do the same as on the VGW. But on the phones that should be able to call the manager.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to add -

• only selected DN numbers should be able to call this DN 100

Looing forward for your replies.

Regards,

Shabeeb

To achieve that you need to put the managers DN in a PT, for example named Manager_PT, that isn't seen in the other phones CSS (device and/or line depending on your setup). Then on the VGW select a incoming CSS that can see both Internal_PT and Manager_PT. From your description it sounds like you need to create a new CSS for this, for example named Inc_PSTN_GW_CSS.

Response Signature

For the added requirement you basically do the same as on the VGW. But on the phones that should be able to call the manager.

Response Signature

Thanks a lot Roger. I had done this similar steps yesterday, but somehow dint work. Think i might have jumbled up the partitions. Its working and thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

Shabeeb

Your most welcome Shabeeb. Thank you for the nice rating.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: