Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony question - Very rare requirement

ahrao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gurus,

I have CUCM 8.0 and CME with PSTN terminated on to the CME.  Calls from the LAN go out to the PSTN through the CME, I have configured H.323 Gateway to the CME.

Requirement

-------------------

I have created 2 CSS's named INTERNAL (100 Extensions) and WHITEROOM (10 Extensions)

(a) The INTERNAL can call anywhere in the world and to the INTERNAL itself and WHITEROOM (Possible and working)

(b) The WHITEROOM can call only within WHITEROOM (Possible and working)

(c) The WHITEROOM should call only some selected 150 destination phone numbers on the PSTN (Possible with 150 Destination Patterns)

(d) The WHITEROOM should receive calls only from those selected 150 source phone numbers (HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS?????) and not from any other source from the PSTN world.

Your help is very much appreciated in this regards

Thanks in advance.

Hanumanth Rao

+919945234604

12 Replies 12

Hello,

Just to be clear , the ip phones are registered with the CUCM right , not CME ?

What is the use for the CME ?

Amer

Amer,

Thanks for the response,

Yes, the IP Phones are registered with CUCM. The CME is used to terminate

the PRI lines on to it and it also acts as a H.323 Gateway.

Hope it answers your question

Regards

Hanumanth Rao

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Don't think callmanager can do that.

I did something similar by using unity-express for about 10 numbers.

Bye,

JH

JH,

Can you please share it with me??

With Regards

Hanumanth Rao

+919945234604

CDSPL

Under Call Contact is the "Get Call Contact Info" step

Here you have all the information from a specific call.

The issue is that I had only 10 "source numbers", and this created already a lot of if statements.

With UCCX you might use XML to get the source numbers, didn't try that though.

Bye,

JH

Instead of if statem,ents you might also use switch statements

JH

Hello,

(d)  The WHITEROOM should receive calls only from those selected 150 source  phone numbers (HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS?????) and not from any other  source from the PSTN world.

The gateway has a calling search space right , give the Whiteroom a partition that is available for CSS to be used in the interanl phones and on the gateway make another calling search space that don't have the WHITERROM partition so it wont to be able to call the numbers.

Please try this.

Amer

Amer,

The WHITEROOM CSS should be able to call to only 100 PSTN destinations and

should be able to receive calls only from those PSTN numbers.

My question is how to achive the above, I hope this makes my question

clear.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Hanumanth Rao

+919945234604

Hello,

To limit the outgoing calls to a certain numbers means that you have to make for each one a route pattern , the CSS of the WHITEROOM should be able to do that (of course plus the internal) other PSTN connectivity should be inserted to another partition that the WHITEROOM CSS don't have them.

For the incoming , i don't have any idea at the moment , i will think of something and let you know because this is really not a easy requirement.

Just out of curiosity do you have unity , unity express , UCCX , etc....

Amer

Amer,

I have a CUE (Voice Router) and CUCM, FYI.

With Regards

Rao

Hello,

It looks like for incoming it can't be done without a database or XML , becasue filtring numbers for incmoning can only be done in that way .

For the outgoing , i forgot to tell you something that you should creat a CSS that contains all the Partitions and assign to the gateway so it can dial all the route patterns and transfer it back.

Sorry i wasn't more helpful.

Amer

Thanks and thats okay, You have been helpful.

With Regards

Rao