cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to route based on source number in CUCM?

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My scenario is as follows.  CUCM is running v 6.1.2, although upgrades can be considered if SW release is a factor in the functionality.  There are a number of MGCP gateways (with PRI's) connected to the CUCM.  I would like to route out a particular MGCP gateway based on the source phone number.  Is this possible with CUCM?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doug,

By saying source number, did you mean calls from users at different sites ?

e.g. Calls from Site A goes out of Gateway A, Calls from Site B goes out of Gateway B ?

GP.

Gajanan

Yes, callers from different sites. 

Some more background - users will have a 3rd party soft phone application.  I'd like to provide the users with the capability to dial outbound, the same as they would from their desk.  In the US, it is not a problem as everyone dials pretty much the same.  However, I have one cluster in Europe, local dialing varies by country.  All of the outbound calls would come into CUCM via a common SIP trunk.  I would then like CUCM to make decisions, again based on the source phone number, as to what gateway to use.  Routing just based on destination number is not sufficient for us.

Thank you for your time.

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for more details but I'd like to understand more on what you said " All of the outbound calls would come into CUCM via a common SIP trunk. " , as to what it means. Is it Centralized deployment or Distributed one ?

I guess the simpler solution had always been using the route pattern ( may be similar e.g. 9.x for all countries ) but different partition/CSS design specific to countries/sites, so that only local gateway is used to route the calls out.

GP.

You can achive that with the feature I referenced if you upgrade to 8+.

Chris

With CUCM 8+ you can use "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number" translation pattern option. here is couple of write ups on it how to block calls, but you can also route:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18367

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/1221.html

HTH,

Chris