Views
Helpful
Replies

Is windows server 2012 supported on cucm 8.0.3 for LDAP integration

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I have a call-manager 8.0.3 integrated with  LDAP directory running on windows server 2012. does anyone know whether this version is support becuase it's not listed on the SRND.

I suspect that the reasons for this is becusae server 2012 is brand new. even on cucm 8.5, server 2012 is not listed in the official docs. please see the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a04direc.html

6 Replies 6

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

based on the below link , it is up to 2008 .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/directry.html

Thank you

please rate all useful information

It is not supported, but it does work.

Chris

Thanks guys for all the help so far,  one question though, were there any special configuration changes that were required in order to get it to work in server 2012 because nothing was changed on cucm and the AD tree/path remains  the same but users can no longer be imported after the server 2012 upgrade

No, you should not need to do anything differently.

HTH,

Chris

That means I'm going to have to figure out a way to make this one work then cos its  not pulling newly greated users even thought first and lastname, etc were added to the user profile in AD and no other configuration has been change. In the wireshark traces, I also see that the it is possible to autheniticate and even browse users in AD using Simple-Bind authentication. 

I think  another odd case has landed on my lap. . . . .

Anyway guys I really appreciate you taking out time in your schedules to assit me.

Regards

Hi Serenity

Did you ever find out why new users did not show in CUCM after server 2012 migration

My company are planning on moving to Server 2012 and our CUCM version is 8.5

I have been told that LDAP integration to 2012 its not officially supported until CUCM version 10 but that it should still work.

I am interested to know what problems you faced to help me better understand what impact this could have to my network.

Thanks