Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue making calls using DP Cucm 12.0

Hugo Sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need some help,

First, the user change is phone from a 7961 for a 8851. After we change for the new phone, when she make the login on the phone, she tries to make a call, but when the user put the number, the phone doesn't make the call, it waits to user to put more digits.... I don't know why. If another user make the login in the same phone it works well.

In the first time i reboot the Callmanager service, and it resolve it for 2 weeks, then appears again, i make a new reboot, and the problem disappears, but appears again.

If the user use the old phone, she dont have any problems. I don't have any ideas.

We install 100 phones and it only happens with this user.

Callmanager version : 12.0.1.21900-7

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

That is a weird problem. If you swap out the user's 8851 with a different 8851, does the problem still occur?

If swapping the phone for another phone of the same model solves the problem, then the original phone may have a firmware issue. In that case, I'd try a factory reset and let the phone re-download the firmware. If a factory reset does not solve it, then have Cisco replace the phone.

If swapping the phone for another phone of the same model does not solve the problem, then I'm not sure what is going on. I'd normally say it's a PT/CSS issue with variable length dialing, but since it only occurs after a couple of weeks of run time with the CUCM then that is not the issue. We'd have to see trace files of a "working call" and a "non working call" on that same phone and compare.

Try the factory reset first.

Maren