Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.8 - Multiline - Phone button template

CoDeC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two CUCM 10.5(2) (10.5.2.1890015) cluster. One for production and other for our lab.

We want to use Jabber for Windows (and MAC) multiline feature. So, we have installed the cop file cmterm-jabber-desktop-eight-Lines.k3.cop.sgn in both clusters.

In our laboratory all lines are available and then I can select from Jabber client but in production the button for select the line doesn't appear.

In the device definition we see the next difference in the button template:

Prodution

Production-Jabber button.png

Lab

Lab-Jabber button.png

I have tried modify the button and they are fixed feature.

The only difference between two clusters is: the lab is a fresh installation and the production was upgraded from a CUCM 8.x version.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need a CUCM version which does support multi-line for it to work as expected.

Did you look at the requirements?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

you are right , seem not supported:

Feature Configuration for Cisco Jabber 12.8 

Multiline is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 11.5 SU3 and later. However, if you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 11.5 SU3 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 12.0, you must manually install the Cisco Options Package (COP) file on all cluster nodes and restart Cisco Unified Communications Manager to enable multiline.

But I remember that I did works with a 11.x version but now I cannot find the feature configuration guide. Anyway, it is not supported.

thanks again.

regards,