Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Connection to Phone Services Failed

KaylaM1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I'm running into an issue that has me scratching my head and was hoping to get some input. Two users at my company started experiencing the error "Connection to Phone Services Failed" in their Jabber minutes after signing in roughly a week ago. They are of course unable to make/receive calls. We have quite a few users and so far only two have reported this.

Both users are working over VPN and using CSF devices. I've rebuilt their CSF devices, signed out/back in to Jabber, reset Jabber, moved them to a different IMP server, had them disconnect/reconnect from VPN and the issue persists. I as well as my colleagues are unable to duplicate this issue. If these users disconnect from VPN and let Jabber use MRA while going over the expressway traversal pairs, the error immediately clears. The error code in jabber when this happens is  CJ:2100:2 but I havent had luck in finding what this may be referring to. At times the users jabber client will stay connected to phones services for an hour and then error back out, but typically its just minutes after signing in.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so, is there anything I may be missing or additional troubleshooting I try? Any input is greatly appreciated and I am happy to provide additional information if needed.

8 Replies 8

Can you generate an error report from the client and look into it? It can
give an indication why the connection failed.

Are both users on the same network or different networks.

I have generate a clean error report from the client after the error appeared but am unsure of how to read it to see where the failure comes from. Tried pulling it up on TranslatorX but had issues viewing it.

Both users are on separate home networks connected through VPN (Cisco Anyconnect).

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you ask the users to send you a print-screen of Ctrl+Shift+D when on Jabber on both cases to check the report from Jabber?

Since you mentioned VPN, can you cross-check that the two users that face the issue are under the same VPN profile (ie network settings) with the rest whom their Jabber may be operational?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Can confirm both users are under the same VPN profile and were previously working a week ago. I'm a bit unsure of what you mean in regards to the print screen. I've already remoted into a users computer, performed a reset of jabber, duplicated the issue and generated the problem report logs, however I am just not sure how to read them.

You may remote into users computer and while Jabber is operational hit CNTRL+Shift+D to retrieve a Report on Jabber Status.

You may check this both on MRA and VPN and compare it with one that is operational.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1

would you please upload the problem report log ?

Sure thing. Attached is the .zip with the problem report.

**Removed for security purposes**

TranslatorX won't work here, you'll want the Collaboration Solutions Analyzer tool.

I am not TAC and I hate to go blind reading these and chasing things that look broken until they really are.

The log and the alarms which should be in syslog show the devices lost registration due to "UCM closed TCP".  Sometimes the UCM will have a better explanation for this, such as that the customer opened Jabber in more than one place and the two clients are fighting for registration (it happens). Sometimes this is due to some issue with an ALG or fixup on a gateway or firewall, othertimes due to poor network connectivity but that seems unlikely.

Based on this log (you may want to delete it at some point as it can identify your org ) this person eventually started working. If you can reproduce this, I would see about grabbing the CallManager log around this time, to see if it notes why it wanted to punt that client. 2 minutes is pretty short. From there you should get an idea what it is not happy about, that lets you search for a bug, ID the problem and correct it, or open a TAC case and steer it towards the issue.

It also looks like you have SSO setup, and there's some issue with your tokens, or your voicemail service is not setup for AuthZ with the UCM. Not 100% on that one but Jabber seems unhappy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: