cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Multiline - upgrading CUCM from 10.5 to 11.5

Mark VandeVere
Level 1
Level 1

We did an early trial of multiline Jabber on our production cluster running 10.5.2SU6, by applying the cop.sgn file. It worked well in spite of not being supported.

We lost that feature when we added the 10.5 Device Pack to add the 8832 phones to it, as it changed the database structure.

We're now planning an upgrade to 11.5. Has anyone done this? Can anyone report back as to whether or not the upgrade restores the multiline on Jabber?

Logic says it should, since it's supported in that version, but since it's a non-standard path we followed to get there, I'm trying to determine in advance if it works. And if it does not, what needs to be done to make it work.

4 Replies 4

Thank you. That has some interesting information, but unless I missed something it doesn't answer my question.

It would be supported in the version you plan to upgrade to. As long as you’re not planning on upgrading to a version lower than SU3, but why would you.

Response Signature

Thank you. I understood it is supported in 11.5. The question was specific to any issues that might come about because of running multiline unsupported in 10.5. Answer from TAC engineers was that doing an inplace upgrade and version swap means there will be no issues from that current version. And yes,  you're correct... why would I want to install an earlier 11.x version