Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP users Inactive

Ahmed Fathy
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have a new installation with call manager version 9.0 and I need to integrate the call manager with the Active directory.

Problem Description:

================

I have made the integration with the LDAP with custom attributes (user initials=middle name) so all the users with middle name will not move to the call manager and this process was working fine as all the users with telephone number only was seen on the call manager system.

The problem is suddenly,I found the users was inactive and after 1 day the users became active and this problems appears more than one times which affects on the other system (call centers) all resources was deleted.

I tried to deactivated the DirSync service and reactivated again and restart the call manager without success, so anyone can help?

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

what happen when you integrate normally without customizing the attributes

Regards

Haitham

hi ,

I have removed the custome ldap attributes and made perform sync and all the user was active now but after that i made a perform sync again so users became inactive,so i think it is not related to LDAP attributes.

Regards,

Ahmed

If end-user accounts already exist in the Unified CM database and a synchronization agreement is configured, all pre-existing accounts are marked inactive in Unified CM

After the synchronization is completed, any accounts that were not set to active are permanently deleted from Unified CM when the garbage collection process runs. Garbage collection is a process that runs automatically at the fixed time of 3:15 AM, and it is not configurable.

Subsequently when changes are made in the corporate directory, the synchronization from Microsoft Active Directory occurs as a full re-synchronization at the next scheduled synchronization period

So you can delete all cucm end users first after backup them if needed [with BAT export] and sync with LDAP. then there should be no inactive users. Then let the updates to be scheduled not performing sync manually every time that I hear a bug about it before. I'll try to get it here for you

Regards

Haitham

Ahmed,

I suggest you look at CUCM Dirsync logs to see whats going on. In the mean time you can take advantage of the New feature in CUCM9 to have LDAP users converted to Local users, so you dont end up loosing your users again

To convert LDAP synchronized user to the local user account:

 Check the box Convert User Account and Save changes

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

hi haitham,

It's working now after configured the below steps:

• run sql update enduser set status=1
  • restart the call call manager pub server
  • Deleting the integration and reconfigure again without custom attributes.

I have made a perform sync manaully many times and it seems that the problem was solved.

Thanks for your great support.

Regards,

Ahmed

Ahmed,

good to know its working, however custom attributes will not cause cucm to mark users inactive

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"